A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2007 Audi S6

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also: all-season car...no torque steer...faster off the line...etc.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You must be kidding?

But, this just sounds like the rant of a person who can't afford a real car and has to settle for something less. Clarkson is full of rubbish.. If you have watched as many of his rants as I have you will understand he will say anything for entertainment ratings. The S6 is not the only car he classed as rubbish. Most of his co workers do not agree with his rating system, but you do for some obscure reason.

I could have bought just about any car, the S8 included, but I chose the S6. It is just be best car for the money that you can use every day, rain, snow or shine. All its power is usable in all conditions.

It is not a 'bling' car with loads of chrome or sweeping lines. It is just a really well designed car which will keep its looks well into old age. In fact, it is possibly the nicest designed car in this category.

Personally, I can't me happier with the car. It handles like a dream on winter roads. It does four wheel slides, if that is your pleasure. No mad tail slip or snow plow. Just a nice controlled four wheel drift which you can easily adjust with your right foot.

To close, all cars could be better, in some category. If you use this to judge a car then all would fail your test.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I see your point and I have to agree. The S6 is a great car and it beats

its intended competitors from BMW and Merc and almost equals its unintended competitors such as the M5 and Merc AMG E63 (and bests them in some cases)but it comes across (on the outside) as a little too similar to the basic 3.2 A6.

Staying with Audi, the RS4 and the S6 are very close in price and while I have personally driven both cars hard, I would personally choose the RS4. It seems to have more 'emotion' and presence and definitely doesn't go unnoticed while having that 'RAW' edge and exotic fat fenders. Just as Car&Driver states here: "The S6 certainly avoids the visual excess of some super-powerful sedans. There is little outward differentiation from the A6"

IMO - The S6 just needs a little 'MORE' on the visual details. Something to make it a little more special. Maybe some nice carbon touches in the front and rear, noticably deeper sideskirts, or just the flared fenders from the C5 4.2 would have been just enough. Any way you cut it, 75K is a chunk of change and if Im going to drop those numbers, I want my car to distinctly stand out from the base model, of course - without going overboard. For this reason, I'm looking at the RS-TT or A5 V10 Coupe to take the place of my A6 when the time comes. I have no doubt that the RS6 will be very well received but it will come at the last production years of the C6, with the C7 right around the corner.

References: http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/11157/2007-audi-s6.html<ul><li><a href="http://www.motortrend.com/av/features/112_0701_hammer_2_audi_s6_bmw_m5_mercedes_e63">S6_ Out_In_Front</a></li></ul>
Old 01-15-2007, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I love my S6, but agree that it could use just a little more visual clues..

that differentiates the car from the A6. For starters, the LEDs are great..and get lots of notice, but I wish they would stay on with the headlamps. Also, could the V10 badges be any more boring looking? At least the "6.3" badge on the E63 has a little flash (and is a little bigger I think).

One of the things I love about Audi is the "stealth" aspect of the cars. Here in L.A., E63s are a dime a dozen, but I still haven't seen another S6 on the road. The E63 hardly seems exclusive anymore, but the S6 is a truly "limited" edition. That said, just a little tweak more would have been nice.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other tests have it around 5.5 seconds...hmmmm....
Old 01-15-2007, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Sure. It's a lot of money to allocate to a depreciating asset.

Wealth considerations aside.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Seems like Audi was leaving room for the RS6

i think i would have to agree with that. The R version bringing the "pop" that the S6 seems to lack.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: You must be kidding?

you could easily take the exact sentences you wrote and substitute every S6 for anything in the Audi lineup. I'm not saying its a bad car in any way shape or form. I'm simply suggesting its just not as an exciting car as it could have been. Yes, it is powerful, yes of course the Quattro makes it a real car that can be driven year round instead of just a toy that has to wait for good weather, yes its designed "nicely". But that right there, that to me is what the issue is. Its just "nice". I want viciousness and bloodletting.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

No torque steer on M5 - it's rear wheel drive
Old 01-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Cat Herder

fine, no fishtailing then.

Quick Reply: 2007 Audi S6