A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Aftermarket upgrade for A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacques999
Quick question about the Stasis exhaust for 3.0t. I have emailed Stasis twice to get a sound clip but no response from them.at4iowa, would you happen to have a video or just a sound clip of your car? I am considering their exhaust for my 09 3.0t A6 but would like to hear it first. Does it drone at low rpm? Thanks.
I do not have a video or sound clip at the moment. I suppose that is something I could do at some point. I think it sounds great. I was afraid of it being too loud or annoying, but I have been very pleased with it. My wife hasn't said it's too loud or annoying, so that is saying a lot!

In city driving when you are doing a lot more starting and stopping, it is great. I wouldn't say it ever really bothers me, but during long trips on the highway, I sometimes wish it were a bit quiter. That is probably what you mean by droning at low RPM. I think most exhaust systems would have a tendency to do that, though. Overall, I'm glad I did it.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great! Thank you for your reply. Let me know if you ever get a chance to get a sound clip. I am considering the ecu upgrade too and your feedback was great.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by at4iowa
I had the exhaust and ECU upgrade done at the same time. You would have to check with your dealer to see what installation costs are. I can tell you that the difference is VERY noticeable. Fuel economy has been about the same, but I have probably been driving a bit more aggressively since I got my car back. It is very fun to get from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds! I would HIGHLY recommend this!

Also, to the OP, I see that you have the sports package, so you wouldn't need to get an aftermarket sports suspension obviously. I would like to know how you feel about the sports suspension. Is the ride smooth or do you feel every bump in the road? I have a friend that has an S4 and he purposely avoids some roads due to the fact that they are bumpy and it gives him a headache to ride on them.
Thanks for your reply. I'm more interested now after reading your feedback. Btw, I'm going with the hybrid approach on suspension. I have a set of sports springs sitting in my garage that I need to have them installed. I'm keeping my stock shocks. I'm hoping I can maintain supple ride with more aggressive look. I'll post my feedback in about two weeks.

Last edited by NR04; 02-17-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I personally installed the clear bra to the front of the car, along w/ the clear bra on the mirror caps and underneath the door handles.

I also installed KW Variant 3 coilovers w/ 20x9 forged wheels. I would also love to do the sway bars if I could find it for sale anywhere. I also plan to do the Stasis or APR reflash. I don't plan on doing an exhaust since I want zero drone, but I plan to have 4" exhaust tips installed in order to fill out the rear valance cutout more than the stock tips currently do.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dr.Pasta
What is the most worthwhile aftermarket upgrade for a 2010 A6?
Not exactly aftermarket but . . . an R8 oil cap or an RS6 mirror switch.

-Mike
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How about a new "trophy wife"???
Old 02-18-2011, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just reading about the possibility of having 400hp on a 3.0t engine is making me want to trade in my 2006 right now...that must be insane compared to the 3.2 which is definetly not slow

To answer the original post's question: Tints/ Chip/ and some nice 19" (if you dont already have them) would be my priority
Old 02-18-2011, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by at4iowa
Ask a thousand owners and you will get answers ranging from "why would you change anything from stock?" to "I've changed everything except the gas cap and I'm looking into that"

Obviously, mods and "upgrades" are a personal preference, but I can give you my 2 cents.

One upgrade that I would suggest for anyone is to put a clear shield on the front of your car. It is a great way to prevent paint dings and doesn't detract from the appearance of the car in any way.

I like tinted windows and I think they look great on these cars. A good tint job can be had for less than $300 and looks great.

If you have the 3.0T engine, you can get the ECU flashed giving you a ton of extra horsepower and torque. I had my 2011 done at Stasis and it is amazing. I can't begin to tell you how much of a difference this makes.

I also had the Stasis exhaust done. It sounds great and is nice to look at. It's going to cost you nearly 2K after installation, though.

I used a company called Ocarbon to change my interior trim from wood grain to carbon fiber. I am waiting to get my trim back, but I think this is a very cool mod.

If you live in a place that gets snow, I would definitely recommend a set of dedicated winter tires and wheels. You can use all-season tires all year round, but snow tires are better and you can get some flashy summer wheels, too. The choices are endless there.

Other mods that I have considered, but haven't done are:
1) Lowering the car with a sports suspension and putting on sway bars. This would be a necessity if you want to track your car, but not as important if you are a normal driver.
2) Changing the current grill with the S6 or RS6 grill. These can be had for around $400, but you have to take the bumper off to install. I'm definitely going to do this sometime this summer.
3) I like the RS6 sport pedal kit. I think you can do this for around $350, but I'm not sure it's worth it for something most people will never see.
4) Aluminum mirror cover caps. These are from the S6 and look very cool, but an OEM set is over $600. Probably won't be doing this one.
5) Big brake kits. If you want to track your car, these are a must. The Stasis version is over $4000 with installation. Brembo hasn't made a kit for the new A6 yet, but they will do one if you want. Probably around $4K as well. If you don't want to track your car, I wouldn't recommend this one.

That's about all I have done or considered. Hope this helps.

PLEASE! vids of exhaust and acceleration would be great! I'm begging you!!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Dr.Pasta
What is the most worthwhile aftermarket upgrade for a 2010 A6?
Forged MTM Bimotos, followed by StopTech brakes

Old 02-19-2011, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ACSGP
Forged MTM Bimotos, followed by StopTech brakes

surprised too see so much feedback on brake upgrades. do you really trash them in corners on the track?

btw, if you got qattro and want to spend couple of G - consider audi driving school. I took it in 2002 - a lot of fun and useful skills.

Last edited by beep-beep; 02-19-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket upgrade for A6