A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Air suspension fix/conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension fix/conversion

Good afternoon
I am really hoping someone can help with my problem as it has been an ongoing issue.

I have the 2007 A6 allroad 3.0tdi.

The air suspension keeps coming up with the green solid light and yellow flashing light.

I have done the compressor, and checked fuse. These were the issues the first 2 times.

Now it is up again. My car wont raise. So I am trying to find a conversion kit to change it to springs. However all I seem to be able to find are conversion kits for the C5, is this the same for the C6?

Also, does anyone know how I can then get the error lights removed once i have the suspension converted?

Sorry if this thread is on here somewhere. But I have been unable to find it, and all the threads I do find are for the C5.

Hopefully someone can help as I love the car apart from this quite major thing which has brought me close to scrapping it.

Many thanks
Richard Thompson
Old 03-11-2019, 12:59 AM
mkv
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Richard,

To convert to regular suspension, I would suggest going the second hand part route rather than looking for a kit. There are a lot of broken up vehicles on eBay which you can buy parts from. Most of the front and rear suspension is the same between air and spring. Use a parts catalogue like the one on https://audi.7zap.com to assist you in identifying what's different.

Regarding turning the warning lights off, that's simply altering the coding in the various models on the car. This requires VCDS. Off the top of my head, you'll have to turn off air suspension in the cluster, the MMI, the CAN gateway. And maybe the engine and ABS.

Of course you can also try to fix the problem, which would require a fault readout from the air suspension controller. i.e. why it's reporting an issue. More than likely it's a blown strut on one corner, or if you're lucky it's just on of the 4 level sensors, a blown line, or even the valve block.