A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audi A6 C6 Avant wrong door display

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A6 C6 Avant wrong door display

Hi to all, I recently bought an A6 C6 avant, and I saw that when I open the passenger door the display shows the driver door open and when I open drivers door shows that passenger is opened, not affecting rear doors, tried to google it but didn't find anything helpful, maybe someone had same problem? How to fix it?
Old 09-29-2020, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Very curious. I don't know this for certain but it sounds like the door modules have been reversed. Since I can't imagine anyone going through the trouble of doing that deliberately, I am thinking that the doors were replaced from a vehicle from the other side of the pond. So if this is, in fact, a North American vehicle then perhaps doors from a UK model were retrofitted without thinking about that specific issue. I think the opposite could also be true where you would start with a UK chassis but installed doors from North America. You could test this using VCDS because it allows for various tests within the door module such as the lock and various other things. So you could go into the drivers door module in VCDS and activate the lock and if the passenger door lock activates then the modules must be reversed.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved

Originally Posted by jonzie77
Very curious. I don't know this for certain but it sounds like the door modules have been reversed. Since I can't imagine anyone going through the trouble of doing that deliberately, I am thinking that the doors were replaced from a vehicle from the other side of the pond. So if this is, in fact, a North American vehicle then perhaps doors from a UK model were retrofitted without thinking about that specific issue. I think the opposite could also be true where you would start with a UK chassis but installed doors from North America. You could test this using VCDS because it allows for various tests within the door module such as the lock and various other things. So you could go into the drivers door module in VCDS and activate the lock and if the passenger door lock activates then the modules must be reversed.
Hi Jonzie, I'm based in Ireland so its right hand wheel and I found the solution, its all about programming in his computer, he thinks that he is european or US or some other region where is left hand side wheel, all this can be fixed by the reprogramming main brain with some codes and that will make car realize that its right hand wheel, but I'm waiting for the proper diagnostic tool from the Ebay> Thanks for replying.