A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audi navigation install

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi navigation install

Helle everyone
this is my first post and im a new member here so please bear with me

I have a Audi A6 C6 2007 model, and bought a used DVD navigation unit with cables. But i cant seem to understand the installation of this unit. I have "shark fin" antenna on the roof, Bluetooth phone, hybrid TV tuner and DVD player installed.
I got the installation info With the navigation unit, but i dont understant how to connct it With gps antenne on the roof.. and how to disamble the C pillar trim.
How do i take the cable to fusebox to the left side in luggage room?
I know this was a bit too much to ask, but im getting confused from all the threads i read for installing it

thanx
Old 09-09-2013, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2606071
you should also be able to connect it here as i did

Run the cable under the cover of the trunk lip to the fuse box. Make sure you connector the fuse holder till you hear it click into place.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an avant so my shark fin wasn't wired but my install was simple. I located the power wire and fiber-optic cables I needed, removed the loop end-device from the fiber-optic (save it), slid the unit most of the way in, and CAREFULLY plugs both of those plugs in. I used an aftermarket antenna hidden in that compartment to avoid having to pull the headliner. I've read that the sedans have that already wired. Once all three plugs were in I got in the car, turned it on and pressed the DVD button. It worked and has worked flawlessly since. I had to order a DVD for it as I couldn't make my copy work.

Just info for those that upgrade their system software, I upgraded my mmi 2g to 55.7.0 (european version) on my US made car no problem and the USA gps and maps still work just fine.

~ Frankie
Old 09-09-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

https://forums.audiworld.com/picture...ctureid=182956

https://forums.audiworld.com/picture...ctureid=182954
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks to you both.. very helpful info
And thanks for the pics, i seem to understand pretty much now..
But the wiring kit i have seems to be very short,one plug have Blue=K diagnose, Red=12V and Brown=GND, and the other plug is only one cable(see the pics). I also got a aftermarket antenna in the kit, but if i want to use the "shark fin" antenna on the roof, then i dont need the aftermarket one, right?

Do i need to buy another wiring kit, or is there missing something in the kit?
Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2013, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It has been some time, but i do believe i purchased a wiring kit. You will have to run the power cable from one side of the trunk to the other. Yes mine also came with another GPS antenna, once i saw the connection block to the fin( as shown in the picture i posted ealier) i basically chucked the other antenna. if i have any details or documents i will let you know.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 05whtaudia6
It has been some time, but i do believe i purchased a wiring kit. You will have to run the power cable from one side of the trunk to the other. Yes mine also came with another GPS antenna, once i saw the connection block to the fin( as shown in the picture i posted ealier) i basically chucked the other antenna. if i have any details or documents i will let you know.
Ok, I need an extension cord for power to the other side of the luggage compartment and the power cord is the red 12V, which I need to extend? because the wiring kit I have is too short for power. And can I just use the same cable for aftermarket antenna, antenna and cut off, then make a connection with the shark fin antenna if it long enough?
Yes if you have any more details or documents, it will be very appreciated..

Thanks
Old 09-09-2013, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

no need to cut the antenna cable you will need both jacks. send me email addy i will send u install procedure.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 05whtaudia6
no need to cut the antenna cable you will need both jacks. send me email addy i will send u install procedure.
email sendt on PM
Old 09-09-2013, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It took 2 of us 1 full day to do the install. Feels straightforward now that its done. I think you only need a DEEP/LONG 10mm with an extension for the entire job.. and a screwdriver maybe.

Quick Reply: Audi navigation install