A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Copy SIM card entry via bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copy SIM card entry via bluetooth?

I've read that you can copy phonebook entries (1 at a time) from a compatible phone to the car's address book. I borrowed a compatible phone from a friend (siemens s65) but I can't figure out how to copy the entries although I can access them. I didn't have much luck with the manual either. Can anyone help, please?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Copy SIM card entry via bluetooth?

I'm not sure about copying them? I know my Sony Ericsson T637 Sim Card phone book get automatically downloaded to the Car through the MMI. I don't know how you could copy them. It either syncs with the car or it doesn't.

Craig
Old 05-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did this last week. It is a little cumbersome, because there is no way (that I found) to do a global import and store. Also, I might not be remembering perfectly since I am obviously not in my car, but here goes. With the car and the compatible phone up and running, "Phone Book" should be illuminated (not greyed out). Select "Phone Book" and every entry on your SIM should be listed. Go to one which you wish to copy over, and select it. Then, press the "Memory" softkey (upper left I think), and scroll down to the last item on the menu, which is "Store current number." Select that, and the normal entry screen will come up. You will have to enter manually the name you wish to use for this entry, whether it is a personal or business number, and whether it is a mobile or land line. Once you have entered all this, select "store" and you should be all set. Then, if I recall correctly, you de-select "Memory" and "return" back out to the main phone menu. Repeat this process for every number you wish to copy over. It isn't perfect, but at least it saves you from having to enter all the individual phone numbers.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There is a way to copy all entries...

but I'm not at my car so I don't remember the exact steps.

I know that I pressed the "Name" button and from there was able to access a menu to copy all the entries over.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You should be able to Import all entries from the SIM the 1st time

Of course, this assumes that you first copied the phonebook entries (in your phone's memory) to the phone's SIM card. I know I was able to do this with my T637. Once you have done this, subsequent updates from your phone can be imported from the SIM individually. It is very simple.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 AM

Default perfectlyfrank is right...

Select the "Name" menu
Click "Import" (top left button)
Select "Import all"

This imports the contents of the SIM card
Old 05-16-2005, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of ... I wish you could do a full sync with name / number / address etc...maybe a future software upgrade. The access to the device address book doesn't help me becuase my actual phone is the Blackberry 7100 with has OBEX disabled (hopefully a firmware updagre from them in the near future will help)
Old 05-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: perfectlyfrank is right...

Great information, and great forum! Somehow I had convinced myself this wasn't working. I'll even look forward now to my next update opportunity.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Still need help

I have a Motorola V551. When I go to the Name menu and Import - I am unable to import because they are greyed out. Any suggestions?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You probably forgot to copy your phonebook to the SIM card

Most GSM phones have 2 phonebooks, one in non-volatile memory, the other is on the GSM SIM card. Many phones default to save new information to the phonebook in memory. You should be able to copy the complete phonebook in memory to the SIM card. The fact that the Import option is greyed out is a good indicator that your SIM card is empty. So copy your phonebook to the SIM; it may warn you that you will be replacing what is already on the SIM (which in this case is OK), go ahead and do it. Once you have entries on the SIM, the Import option should be functional.

Quick Reply: Copy SIM card entry via bluetooth?