A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

ECS 100 (V-Checker Pro) Not Idiot Proof, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECS 100 (V-Checker Pro) Not Idiot Proof, help!!!

I just changed my oil and was trying to reset the service warning using a ECS 100 (V-Checker Pro). I know, I know, "I should have gotten RossTech" but I got the V-Checker Pro now. I followed the manual instructions which are not that great to begin with and cannot reset the service warning. There are times that I get a communication error and other times that it seems to be working but nothing happens after I hit the command. The manual instructs to connect the cable with the ignition off and perform the commands with the ignition off. Does anyone knows how to work this thing and show me how to reset the service warning? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jujuC6; 01-30-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM
caf
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not an expert on this; I used the ECS100 successfully to open and close the rear electronic parking brake, but have not tried to use it for resetting the service indicator.

Anyway, you definitely want to connect the device with the ignition in the off position, but I believe that the ignition has to be "on" to actually communicate with the device. The one tip I found out about when using the device for the brakes, was that to actually initiate a command (vs. just selecting an option), I had to hold down the left button for a second or so, instead of just a quick press.

Good luck. I'd be interested to know if you get it to work.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by caf
I'm not an expert on this; I used the ECS100 successfully to open and close the rear electronic parking brake, but have not tried to use it for resetting the service indicator.

Anyway, you definitely want to connect the device with the ignition in the off position, but I believe that the ignition has to be "on" to actually communicate with the device. The one tip I found out about when using the device for the brakes, was that to actually initiate a command (vs. just selecting an option), I had to hold down the left button for a second or so, instead of just a quick press.

Good luck. I'd be interested to know if you get it to work.
I just tried reseting the service warning with the ignition on like you said but was not successful, I got a Comm error again. At this point I will patiently wait for ECS to get back to me, I guess they don't work weekends
Old 02-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any follow up with resetting the service reminder using the vchecker?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess being a good guesser helps.

I had the thing connected for less then 2 minutes and reset mine.
Look in the menu for the one marked oil and select it and it will change
to show 3 items oil and two in? somethings. I selected oil and said yes
and it now it doesnt show service when I put the key in to turn the car on.

If I figure out more I'll try and put a step by step for you.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Halo549
I guess being a good guesser helps.

I had the thing connected for less then 2 minutes and reset mine.
Look in the menu for the one marked oil and select it and it will change
to show 3 items oil and two in? somethings. I selected oil and said yes
and it now it doesnt show service when I put the key in to turn the car on.

If I figure out more I'll try and put a step by step for you.
I tried all three Oil, In1, In2 and nothing. I was however able to do my rear brakes with the ECS100. ECS replied to me saying that the service reset on the ECS100 is not fully functional on all audi models, whatever that means. They offered to pay for shipping to return it but I kept it because I had to do my rear brakes. Although I do not think the MMI has anything to do with the functionality of the ECS100, I do not have the latest MMI software. Once I get around taking the time to update to the latest MMI version I will give the service reset one last try.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Service reset didn't work for me on 2006 A6 3.2. I tried every which way and always a comm error. disappointing.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chango
Service reset didn't work for me on 2006 A6 3.2. I tried every which way and always a comm error. disappointing.
Yep, that's what I get too. Another function that did not work for me is the battery reset [61]. I tried everything and spent all kinds of time trying to rest the battery and nothing. I think I might take on ECS offer to buy it back and buy RossTech.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same issue. ECS did have a great customer service person and I will be getting the ross-tech!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default V checker scanner

Has anyone tried the Super CAN VAG VW/Audi handheld programmer scan tool from DIY diagnostics? Its a bit more money.

Quick Reply: ECS 100 (V-Checker Pro) Not Idiot Proof, help!!!