A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

RS: ESP Fault!!! See owners manual!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS: ESP Fault!!! See owners manual!

Hello guys I have this problem for long time about 6 months. Every time I start the car, I see this "ESP Fault!!! See owners manual" I've been to several mechanic and no one could tell what is problem. There are no fault codes when they connect to car. I find something on internet while I was searching for my problem,
1st solution "YAW Sensor" or "ESP Duo Sensor" located under central console. Also I find that there is two types of "YAW Sensor" so I dont know which one I have, if someone knows how to find that I will appreciate.
2nd solution to change the battery and problem is solved. (do I need to program or code the new battery to the car via VCDS)
Thank you
Old 03-28-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

When was the last time you checked the pressure of your tires?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I swithced them to the winter tyres.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp fault / parking break failure - SOLVED

HI EVERYBODY

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE. TURNS OUT THIS PLUG HAD DISCONNECTED from the engine when I had been doing some DIY maintenance work.

Make sure it's plugged in or use contact spray cleaner.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D6onmWsVbqs63D3z9

​​QUOTE=Armin A. Ademi;25294190]Hello guys I have this problem for long time about 6 months. Every time I start the car, I see this "ESP Fault!!! See owners manual" I've been to several mechanic and no one could tell what is problem. There are no fault codes when they connect to car. I find something on internet while I was searching for my problem,
1st solution "YAW Sensor" or "ESP Duo Sensor" located under central console. Also I find that there is two types of "YAW Sensor" so I dont know which one I have, if someone knows how to find that I will appreciate.
2nd solution to change the battery and problem is solved. (do I need to program or code the new battery to the car via VCDS)
Thank you[/QUOTE]
Old 08-08-2022, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Esp fault, abs fault, parking brakes fault

Originally Posted by AK q5 2.0tfsi 2009
HI EVERYBODY

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE. TURNS OUT THIS PLUG HAD DISCONNECTED from the engine when I had been doing some DIY maintenance work.

Make sure it's plugged in or use contact spray cleaner.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D6onmWsVbqs63D3z9

​​QUOTE=Armin A. Ademi;25294190]Hello guys I have this problem for long time about 6 months. Every time I start the car, I see this "ESP Fault!!! See owners manual" I've been to several mechanic and no one could tell what is problem. There are no fault codes when they connect to car. I find something on internet while I was searching for my problem,
Thank you
[/QUOTE]
is it possible to you to put again pictutes bevause this one I can't open
Old 02-08-2023, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Bumping this up. Hello Everyone,

I'm having the same issue on a 2016 S5 Cabriolet. Message reatds... The message appears key on engine off and while running, yet not in gear. The message "Stabilization control (ESC) Fault! See owners manual" appears for a few seconds and the traction control light illuminates then shuts off. Seems not to impacting driving or performance in any way.

I’ve scanned it with OBDEleven and no fault codes were found. I brought it to a repair shop who ran a full scan using VCDS and they also found no codes. They performed a battery load test, and it checked good. When viewing live data for the Wheel Speed Sensors they all read the same speed. Tire pressure is accurate.

Anyone know what plug is being referenced above?

Thank you,
Robert
Old 02-10-2023, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Battery Voltage/Condition

Originally Posted by rbarker31

I'm having the same issue on a 2016 S5 Cabriolet. Message reatds... The message appears key on engine off and while running, yet not in gear. The message "Stabilization control (ESC) Fault! See owners manual" appears for a few seconds and the traction control light illuminates then shuts off. Seems not to impacting driving or performance in any way.

I’ve scanned it with OBDEleven and no fault codes were found. I brought it to a repair shop who ran a full scan using VCDS and they also found no codes. They performed a battery load test, and it checked good. When viewing live data for the Wheel Speed Sensors they all read the same speed. Tire pressure is accurate.

Thank you,
Robert
From recent experience the ESP & the Electronic Brake Module are among the first to be sloughed off by the car when the battery's voltage is weak and otherwise insufficient. Separately, there is a steering angle sensor that I have had to reset twice over the years:

Old 04-01-2024, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rbarker31

Thank you,
Robert
I have the same issue and for some weird reason when I remove a relay the ones under the ecu. Relay 645 I removed that and put it back in car starts no issues. Will replace those first they are relatively cheap and they caused these same issues for me