A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Few qustions about front damage in accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:04 PM
IMD
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Few qustions about front damage in accident

Bad day today for me. I had an accident in front of my building,I was taking from the parking lot and next thing BUM car hit me. So the front is pretty much damaged,fog lights,bumper,grill,headlight its gone so I spoke with my insurance guy he told me that they have a body shop and to bring the car there. So my question is I have '06 A6 4.2 with audi care and limited warranty to 100000 miles , should I bring to the dealer or their body shop.

Thank you very much for all your help.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the times these dealerships just send your car out to the same body shops that your insurance is sending you to.

Geico sent me to an amazing body shop in manhattan on W 57th st called Auto Tech. They fixed it like new. I couldn't even tell it was in an accident when I looked up close.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:45 PM
IMD
AudiWorld Member

Some pic
Attached Images   
Old 02-20-2010, 03:02 PM
IMD
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
Most of the times these dealerships just send your car out to the same body shops that your insurance is sending you to.

Geico sent me to an amazing body shop in manhattan on W 57th st called Auto Tech. They fixed it like new. I couldn't even tell it was in an accident when I looked up close.
Hi thank u for your response. I understand that but the cops tow the car because was leaking fluidslike windshield,antifreeze and steering fluid then it show like ten things on the dashboard + air bag light,and another thing are the indy body shop will put original parts ?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, they used all original parts and Geico gave me a warantee for all the work done.

This place seemed to have nothing but luxury cars there, so you won't have to worry about them not knowing how to fix your audi right. The before and after pictures they have up on their walls are truly amazing.

If there is anything mechanically wrong with your car, then for that part of the job, yes take it to the dealer.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me clarify this a little bit. Wether they put OEM parts back on the car is up to the insurance company. Some companies will only replace parts with OEM, while some will use reproduction, or even junkyard parts to save money. If I were you I would demand only OEM parts for my car. And if they refuse, then just get an attorney and see how quick they change their tune.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know with AllState (who I use) you can pay a little extra premium and they will only use OEM new parts on your car. I've never had a problem with a non-OEM part (except some crappy headlights on my M3), but that's just my experience. Good luck and hope everything comes out to your satisfaction.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:46 PM
IMD
AudiWorld Member

Thank u all guys. I will see monday I will meet the insurance guy I do have full coverage with state farm . So i'm worried more for the mechanical parts cause the dashboard is like singing christmas tree with all lights and sounds plus it was three car accident I will put more pic tonight. I will keep u guys inform
Old 02-20-2010, 08:53 PM
IMD
AudiWorld Member

more pic
Attached Images     
Old 02-21-2010, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 885 Likes on 724 Posts

I would ask the dealer who they use for autobody work and then deal with that body shop directly.

Quick Reply: Few qustions about front damage in accident