A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Good Dealer in MA or NH? - Having dealer troubles.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Dealer in MA or NH? - Having dealer troubles.. :(

All,
I'm not going to name the dealer and throw mud, but I've had some difficulty getting obvious problems and items under TSBs covered by my current dealer. I have an '07 A6 S-Line with 41k; so still under factory.

1. Right Front headlight rattles and shakes as you go down the road (I have adaptive and their are TSBs for this) - Dealer claimed there was "evidence of front end damage" and refused to take off the bumper with out me committing to paying all the labor so they could inspect the headlamp. If the lamp was faulty (which they kept telling me they doubt) they they'd cover it; otherwise I'd have to pay for a new mount kit ($50-75) and/or a new headlight ($950) + labor ($250). Hard to tell if there was front end damage; I don't see any. And with their track record of avoiding warranty work; I'm not about to pay them to look.

2. Radio goes to static when you put the rear defroster on - Dealer inspected, saw a piece of scotch tape on the back window (previous owner must have had a parking tag or something attached, never noticed it). Dealer immediately claimed "damage to rear defroster lines" (even though it works fine); and refused to do any further work.

3. Car mis-fires when cold; stumbles for 15-30 seconds then runs fine (TSBs for this). Dealer told me on phone they "saw misfires in computer" but had to do a fuel additive; drive it for 60 miles; let it sit overnight. Fine; they did that and saw no new misfires; gave me a canister of fuel additive and told me to go on my way and run through upwards of 2k miles before I call them again. Service docs say "no misfires found" even though they told me, and it was clear the car had been misfiring.

Where can I take this car where I can be treated with a tad more respect for the cars issues?

Thanks!

-t
Old 02-10-2010, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

WNT2FLY, I had good luck with Herb Chamber in Burlington MA, but your dealer might not be totally out of line. Any dealer regardless of brand will charge you for the repair work if they found that the problem was cause by an accident or cause by the owner. The dealer is just trying to give you a head's up. Some dealers will look the other way and try to repair the problem anyways, but sometimes they can get into trouble with Audi by doing that. As far as the misfiring is concerned, that is Audi's step by step procedure, try the fuel additive first if that doesnt work, it could be a carbon build up on the valves, vaccum leak, injectors or coil packs. Its a pretty common problem Audi have a list they go by. Waht concerns me is that they documented that there was no misfire. I would try to get them to document it so the problem is recoreded during the warranty period. If the problem still exist after the warranty period, it is still covered since it was discover before the warranty expire, unless its a carbon build up problem, then you are out of luck.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would write to Audi USA, they have been pretty good about getting issues resolved for me. I live in the DC metro area and the two dealers around me are terrible.
The following users liked this post:
Aud_of_ideas (07-04-2023)
Old 02-10-2010, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had good luck at Nashua Audi for warrenty related work. I would not do any out of pocket expense items there. I have found that they run 20% more than Burlingtion/Herb Chambers for the exact same work.
The following users liked this post:
Aud_of_ideas (07-04-2023)
Old 02-12-2010, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't realize you were in NH. For non warrenty/out of warrenty work I bring mine to Reflex Tuning in Manchester off Candia road.