A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

to the great people of this forum pick my packages for 2006a-6,3.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to the great people of this forum pick my packages for 2006a-6,3.2

i do sme hwy driving and know i will order the following,cold weather,priemium pack,sunroof pack,18"" wheels,tech pack, segmented wheel w/pad shifters,light silver,ebony leather-walnut,do you recomend s line or go with car level system or not??? or skip that and get the adaptive cruise??? skip paddle shifts and get heated wheel??? i live in north usa. $$$ for these add up so i cannot buy them all. can i get just the sport suspension ??? did not see it stand alone, how about sport seats??? let the debates begin!!!! thanks to all!!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: to the great people of this forum pick my packages for 2006a-6,3.2

The segmented wheel with paddle shifters has wood in it, which in my opinion was a deal breaker.

Adaptive cruise is very useful if you put on lots of highway miles. I have made it from the NYC area to northeastern PA with hardly touching my pedals. The system works very well, once you get used to it.

If you live in an area with rough roads, you may want to test out the sport suspension before you buy.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking the same thing. Reading those threads started giving me a headache.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:57 AM

Default you need to test drive them all, especially the sport seats.

It depends on your size on how comfortable the sports seats are.
I dont think you can get the a heated segmented steering wheel. Adaptive cruise is great for the highway.
I like the S line package because it lowers the car, makes it handle better, look better, IMHO, and when you figure the price for 18 inch wheels, which I was going to get anyway, it was not that much more in price.
It is all about personal preference so I dont think there is going to be a lot of debate.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Im mixed on adaptive cruise. Its great on two lane highways, but in traffic where people weave in and out its gonna brake and interupt flow. It really depends on your driving style and speed. On two lane roads its great!

I can live without it if I were saving money. Same for NAV (nice toy though!).

18' wheels are great. It buttons down the ride a bit. Some complain the Sport is a bit rough but like previously said, depends on the roads you drive. To me, the A6 is just fine without it. We all crave more G's, but compromising the ride would not be that important to me. The A6 to ME is a luxury tourer with great handling charactor. To me if I wanted more sport I would just get an S4 for about 53K?

The Wood on the wheel makes it too infiniti (Glitzy-bling) like. The interior has just enough detail and the wheel to me just takes it over the top. I prefer the feel of all leather and don't like the tactile feeling of it being delicate that polished wood gives.

Just personal stuff!

They all good!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:18 PM

Re: Are you a audi fan??? not!! sorry! just wanted advise, try hydrodone for that headache. DR AUDI.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:25 PM

Re:your right I was in a hurry, does this spelling seem ok?? Focus on the audi forum!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:03 PM

Re: Dont be amazed !!! It"s easy i"m a millionare!!! You should see my indoor audi museum!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a grade school level English text book for that grammar problem
Old 01-20-2006, 05:42 PM

hi, i have an 06 a6 4.2 with sport suspension, regular seats, tech pkg and cold pkg..............and i wldn't change a thing! 3.2 is hot too. sport suspension hangs on, don't know what it wld take to throw it loose on wet or snow. tech pkg is very cool, never take the key out of my briefcase, or phone. sport susp. lowers the car and fills the wells............looks like it is going 100 parked. color is important. the black knight is blk on blk. same scheme as my 98 2.8. which still looks sophisticated after all these years. dont' let the boys bug you.........for some this is their life.........you are set for a wonderful ride. if i was saving coin i wld keep the s-line and skip the tech.........hey, use a key and look at a map...........but for fans of captain james T. kirk, and james bond............being able to say "navigation" and have the car answer "navigation enabled"............well let's just say that's pretty cool.........and I'm happily married for 25 years.

now as to the power.............well a normal (non S) 911 p/w ratio is about .84 the 4.2 is about .82, so this is a lot of fun for grownups who can't keep a low profile in a rennvagen from zefenhausen.

Cheers, and use a fuzz buster

Hi Ho Silver......................................awAY!!

Quick Reply: to the great people of this forum pick my packages for 2006a-6,3.2