A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Heated seats turning off after few mins

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seats turning off after few mins

I can turn on the seat heat button on the dash, however, the seat never gets warm. After a few minutes (about 3-5), the light for the heated seat turns off. This is for the driver side. Just for kicks, this morning, after a few minutes of turning my driver side seat warmer on, I turned on the passenger side heat warmer as well. Both the seats lights turned off at exactly the same time.

Is there is a shut off mechanism for these seats that could be kicking in? Anything I should look for specifically?

I found this similar issue on the Chevy too, but there wasn't any resolution. Tahoe heated seat turns off after a few minutes. | Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum

Last edited by am_ver; 12-01-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Vcds show anything?
/H
Old 11-07-2017, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't see anything obvious in the high level logs. Which module should i delve into?

Last edited by am_ver; 11-07-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

nice thread bump!
well..should be climatronic module.....
also some cars have "seat occupied sensor" could be something with it?
anyway...here is some info from elsawin:

"Situations preventing activation of the driver's or front passenger's seat heating (short circuit in connection to seat heating element, open circuit in power supply to operating and display unit, Climatronic control unit -J255-) are stored as faults in the operating and display unit, Climatronic control unit -J255- → "Guided fault-finding" function of vehicle diagnostic, testing and information system VAS 5051.

Checking actuation of heated seat operation is described in the air conditioner guided fault-finding → "Guided fault-finding" function of vehicle diagnostic, testing and information system VAS 5051.

If the voltage measured at the energy management control unit -J644- at terminal “30” drops below a value stored in the energy management control unit -J644-, the seat heating is deactivated (or the power is reduced) to relieve the load on the alternator (the electronics system of the operating and display unit, Climatronic control unit -J255- reduces the actuation duty cycle from 100% to 90....0%) → "Guided fault-finding" function of vehicle diagnostic, testing and information system VAS 5051 (the control units exchange the appropriate information by way of the convenience data bus system).

The measured value block of the operating and display unit, Climatronic control unit -J255- shows that the front seat heating is being actuated or indicates why there is no actuation in spite of a corresponding request → "Guided fault-finding" function of vehicle diagnostic, testing and information system VAS 5051

On vehicles with seat occupied sensor, the heating for the front passenger's seat and rear seats may be deactivated after approx. 10 minutes if no seat occupied is detected by the airbag control unit -J234- (e.g. interrogate measured value block of airbag control unit -J234- → "Guided fault-finding" function of vehicle diagnostic, testing and information system VAS 5051)."

cheers/H
Old 11-09-2017, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc4u
nice thread bump!
LOL