A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

key fob wont lock

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default key fob wont lock

remote key button will not lock the car, the unlock, trunk and panic buttons all work, but when I press lock the light just flashes, I have to lock it manual by turning the key, it has a new battery.

doubt it, but could it be related to my other issue

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2830383
Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strangest fix for me ever.

So I'm VC'ing my car for a transmission issue and I notice there a many electrical faults, radio, telephone, comfort and convenience and so on, about 7 total. I read a few but nothing seems important until I see "garage door opener intermittent short". I always thought I programmed my wife's side of the garage but it never worked. Since I'm waiting for the VC to complete let's have a look, I reach up and pull the at the sunroof/doom light/garage door opener cluster, several trim pieces fall down. I scan the wiring harness going into the garage door opener buttons and check to see everything looks ok and is properly connected. I figure I'll need more time and a multimeter to get anywhere. So as I'm reassembling the trim pieces, out of nowhere the dashboard turn signal arrows flash and beeps as if you pressed lock on the remote key. So I pressing the trim pieces in until I isolate a spot in front of the driver's side dome light switch, if I press up it locks the car. I take my key remote out of the ignition to test it and now every function works fine. To make this long story short, I have a short somewhere in the sunroof control console that's effecting the remote key functions. It works for now, I'll fix it later along with the other seven electrical faults. My guess is a bad convenience and comfort module which is prone to water damage especially common in the rainy UK.