A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI 2G Update to EU or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI 2G Update to EU or not?

I need to know few things if someone can help me.
I have US Version Audi with MMI 2G on 41.40 with 2010 US Navigation disk. I soon will be moving back to Germany.
1. Will my Euro 2010 Navigatinon with work in my US MMI on 41.40 or do I need to update it completely to EU? I have US to EU updates but rather not do it.
2. Will my US MMI show navigation in 3D if updated to 46.10? (latest US update)
3. Will my EU Navigation show in 3D in 41.40 or 46.10 (if I update) or only the 3D will work in Europe if updated to Euro 5170?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

BTW, it's for MMI 2G High.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Since I'm already here with my US spec car in Germany...same setup as yours.

First, No your euro Nav disc will not work with US software.

Second, Not sure but think... No you won't get 3D no matter the version.

Third, I have flashed to 5170 and don't have 3D and have a Euro 2010 DVD.

What you need to know...

First, It's possible to flash your car to the euro software, it's easy, it takes about half an hour.

Second, The dealer doesn't know how to do it and neither does the factory.

Third, Once you flash you can't flash back to US software, you have to replace the MMI.

Forth, search my user name here and at Audizine for instructions on how to do it.

Fifth, PM me if you have any questions...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'll dig up the factory part number for the euro plate holder that goes in the grill. You'll be wanting/needing that. Do you have parking assist on the front? It's a different part number if you do...
Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nedrager
I'll dig up the factory part number for the euro plate holder that goes in the grill. You'll be wanting/needing that. Do you have parking assist on the front? It's a different part number if you do...
Thanks for the info. In the worse case I won't use navi while in Germany since am I coming only for a year. I will use my aftermarket GPS beausr I don't want to be stuck with Euro MMI when I come back to US.
As for the plate, I am in the military and they started to issue small, US size, plates on German US posts.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've been over here 9 out of the past 11 years, also military. If you have questions let me know.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've been over here 9 out of the past 11 years, also military. If you have questions let me know.
Enjoy man. I was there for 6 and had to leave Dying to go back, plus my wife is this there...
Old 04-02-2011, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

So the only way to make the Navi work in Germany with US Spec MMI is to upgrade to EU Version? However, when its time for me to move back to US and I decide to take the car with me, I will not be able to use US maps since I upgraded to EU? I wounder how to make it work without upgrade.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audia6s
So the only way to make the Navi work in Germany with US Spec MMI is to upgrade to EU Version? However, when its time for me to move back to US and I decide to take the car with me, I will not be able to use US maps since I upgraded to EU? I wounder how to make it work without upgrade.
NAVv DVDs are region coded in a way, since the EU software version is higher and the system won't let you reload to an older version you're stuck. There is no other way to get the EU disc to work in an NA spec car. All the other ways have been tried, reflash to EU or buy a portable Nav to stick on the window...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello I am stationed in Germany and I am talking to a guy with a 2009 Audi A5 3.2 US spec with the GErman Maps loaded in them. He said with the 2G, the German maps work, it just wont take you door to door, it will take you to the preloaded points of interest loaded on the disks. Also, there is a way to make the NAV system region free correct with the VAG? If thats the case, then you should be able to load the US maps again. The car is for sale, I am looking at it this week, i will put in the US maps and see if it works still and let you all know.

Quick Reply: MMI 2G Update to EU or not?