A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI 3G Emergency Update Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI 3G Emergency Update Stuck

Hello Everyone,
I think I bricked my MMI. Its stuck in the Emergency Update Mode. I was messing around in the green screen and accidently hit emergency update without knowing what it was. The system restarted on its own and went into Emergency Update Mode. I do not have any MMI software to get it out of it. I tried hitting multiple button combinations to get it to abort without success. How do I get out of this. Please help. I tried resetting it, but it keeps going back to this screen. Its a 2010 A6 Quattro Premium Plus 3.0T.
Emergency Update
Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ToniTigre
Hello Everyone,
I think I bricked my MMI. Its stuck in the Emergency Update Mode. I was messing around in the green screen and accidently hit emergency update without knowing what it was. The system restarted on its own and went into Emergency Update Mode. I do not have any MMI software to get it out of it. I tried hitting multiple button combinations to get it to abort without success. How do I get out of this. Please help. I tried resetting it, but it keeps going back to this screen. Its a 2010 A6 Quattro Premium Plus 3.0T.
Emergency Update
There should be note in front of the owner's manual...Don't mess around on the Green screen menu, unless you actually know what you are doing.

Are you able to do a 3 button reset in your MMI? How about pressing the "Tone" and "Back" button for 5 seconds?

Read the following, and if you still can't get anywhere...be prepared for a visit to the dealer - AudiEnthusiasts Master
Old 01-14-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom. You sir are correct. I have no clue what I was doing, tried to get my Bluetooth music to stream from my phone and then I saw more stuff to mess with. I got it to work with a new firmware, however its not the proper one for the vehicle, and nothing except the radio works now. I tried a few other versions, just cant find the right one. Thought this site had some experts who could help out. I don't have the money right now to take it to a dealership.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Help

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom. You sir are correct. I have no clue what I was doing, tried to get my Bluetooth music to stream from my phone and then I saw more stuff to mess with. I got it to work with a new firmware, however its not the proper one for the vehicle, and nothing except the radio works now. I tried a few other versions, just cant find the right one. Thought this site had some experts who could help out. I don't have the money right now to take it to a dealership.
I did the same thing did you ever find out what to do or how to fix it my car is also stuck on that screen and mmi controls are bricked
Old 08-20-2018, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just curious but where did you find the software to download? I have the exact same issue on the same car and I can't find the software anywhere.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Mmi green emapp screen

Hi before going to audi and paying them a fortune cantact this guy hes a legend sorted mine out
VagNav
Email
vagnavinfo@gmail.com
Phone
Address
J Simpson
6-16 Dantzic Street
Apartment 8,
Manchester
Greater Manchester
United Kingdom
M4 2AD
Everyone,
Emergency Update[/QUOTE]
Old 03-08-2020, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Bricked mmi

Hello Everyone,
Emergency Update
before going to audi or pulling it apart try this guy he's a legend fixed mine no problems and he's updated the firmware
VagNav
Email
vagnavinfo@gmail.com
Phone
Address
J Simpson
6-16 Dantzic Street
Apartment 8,
Manchester
Greater Manchester
United Kingdom
M4 2AD
Old 06-02-2022, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same issue

I'm am idiot and got this screen. Did anyone ever figure it out? Dealer only? Thanks all
Old 03-21-2024, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Firmware files needed

You seem to have the MAPS data on the SD Card and not the FIRMWARE data on the SD card.
Reason 2, you need to have the sd card in slot 1 when you initiated the emergency boot.

Originally Posted by cruzinaudi
I'm am idiot and got this screen. Did anyone ever figure it out? Dealer only? Thanks all