A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI Android with Dash Command

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Android with Dash Command

Hi, my car has 2G MMI, so I decided to put Android screen while keeping the original system working and that was succesfull. The audio for the android was configured from external av 2 (which I prefered was aux but couldn't find the pins). Then I decided to use one of these obd2 elm bluetooth modules. They can clear codes but they are also capable to see the statistics of the car. So here it is...

Everything you need to see

0-60 acceleration 6,54 :-)

I can choose from various dashes, hp, torque, boost...
Old 07-19-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool indeed! So what device are we looking at, a phone or tablet? And is it just sitting in front of the MMI screen? More details please.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sharkwood
Very cool indeed! So what device are we looking at, a phone or tablet? And is it just sitting in front of the MMI screen? More details please.
Actually it is a screen replacement with an hd android device. You have to remove the original screen and put an interface with 2 usb ports and install the new hd touchscreen. When you touch the screen it shows the android screen with all limitless options like navigation programs, movie players etc. You can install any program on the google playstore. If you touch any button on the wheel or the button on the screen it returns to normal screen. It also switches to stock screen when you put the reverse. You can hear the android souns if you select the aux from media source. It also has bluetooth but I prefer stock bluetooth

Last edited by aykutalp; 07-19-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

And also it has mirrorlink which can work perfectly with an iphone...
Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the clarification. Do you recall what the Android screen is and/or where you got it from? How was the install - any problems or other devices needed other than the ELM OBD2 dongle? Do you need the AMI interface with Bluetooth to make this work?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sharkwood
Thanks for the clarification. Do you recall what the Android screen is and/or where you got it from? How was the install - any problems or other devices needed other than the ELM OBD2 dongle? Do you need the AMI interface with Bluetooth to make this work?
Installation is easy, every cable has socket, any obd2 dongle might work but there is one issue; the image processor of the android which shows the stock screen is not that much succesfull. Although the 1080 p movies can be seen great on the android screen, stock screen has some lines and pixelation, which is the only problem for me. You can see below...

Old 07-19-2017, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You can find these kind of units in aliexpress
Old 07-22-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by aykutalp
You can find these kind of units in aliexpress
can you post the link or hte name of the product? I would be interested.

Also I have noticed you have the USB port instead of one of the dummy buttons. Did you make it yourself or it is available to buy?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by beep-beep
can you post the link or hte name of the product? I would be interested.

Also I have noticed you have the USB port instead of one of the dummy buttons. Did you make it yourself or it is available to buy?
Ya, second that - post a link. Nothing worth than a tease post.

The only things I am finding on Aliexpress are the LVD bypass video systems where you can do other options like RCA video etc.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

For anyone interested, this is what I have on order for doing airplay mirroring

INTERFACCIA SBLOCCO AUDIO VIDEO AUDI A4 A6 A8 MMI 2004 UP | eBay

Mirabox 5G Home/Car Wifi Mirrorlink Box For iOS10/iOS9 AirPlay, Android OS Cast, | eBay

Quick Reply: MMI Android with Dash Command