A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Passat Seems Nicer than the A6

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passat Seems Nicer than the A6

I didn't look at VW Passat before getting my Audi A6 and its fairly optioned, xenons, rear park, navigation, advanced key etc...

Anyways I was browsing ebay and looked at the VW Passat and wow it seems to have the same or better features than the A6.

It has more wood trim in the gauges like the A8, AUTO HOLD PARKING BRAKE!!! Thats a big bonus my friend has that on his BMW and no more holding the brake at stop lights, and even FRONT PARKING Sensors!!!, brighter mirror puddle lamps, perforated leather (i wonder if it cools) like our lexus, Also the key looks newer too

Everything else is comparable, shades, xenons, leds, red color center display ( I have an 05, but i am sure the newer ones are color too) etc...

Its kind of interesting how VW made their family Midsize so similar to there "luxury" midsize... makes me kind of feel like a sucker

check it out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Two-O...ht_8807wt_1153

hopefully the A6 drives better or something , but I have no idea never actually been in a VW car surprisingly other than there SUV which I can't spell torag.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, right off the bat, it just looks like a regular VW and not a luxury car. And second....it doesn't have the 335HP V8 and thus, will never have a comparable exhaust sound.

Turborusty
Old 01-01-2011, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had no idea a Passat could be optioned to that level. Too bad the bland(er)-looking "NMS" is set to replace it in the US. Thanks for the link... very interesting.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

triplecore, a Hyundai can have more features than your A6 too, does that make it a better car?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
triplecore, a Hyundai can have more features than your A6 too, does that make it a better car?
That is a true and valid point you bring up and in that case I would say No Way! But with a VW they are made by the same company and probably share a lot of the same parts, and design. Which is why I was surprised, but how many features that can be ordered on a passat; not to mention options we can't get on an A6.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of observations... 1) the dash wood trim in Passat is simulated, while ours is geuine except the center console. 2) Looks like they used more leather in Passsat seats than Audi. Unless you special ordered your car with upgraded leather, the standard seats have very little leather on them. I just had my driver side cover replaced at 15K miles because the vinyl sides started to crack already.

The one thing I don't understand about Audi is that they eliminate options as the MY progresses. I miss my underseat storage drawers from 2006. European models still get them..why not US models? I also don't know why they eliminated the dual vanity mirrors in the visor. Only my female passengers used them but I thought they were pretty cool feature to show off. Also my 2009 doesn't have folding side mirrors. Why?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't forget that the 4-Motion system is also likely not as advanced as your Quattro, with having electronically locking front, rear, and center differentials.

Turborusty
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NR04
A couple of observations... 1) the dash wood trim in Passat is simulated, while ours is geuine except the center console. 2) Looks like they used more leather in Passsat seats than Audi. Unless you special ordered your car with upgraded leather, the standard seats have very little leather on them. I just had my driver side cover replaced at 15K miles because the vinyl sides started to crack already.

The one thing I don't understand about Audi is that they eliminate options as the MY progresses. I miss my underseat storage drawers from 2006. European models still get them..why not US models? I also don't know why they eliminated the dual vanity mirrors in the visor. Only my female passengers used them but I thought they were pretty cool feature to show off. Also my 2009 doesn't have folding side mirrors. Why?
I heard they eliminated options as the model year progresses because of the falling dollar. They also cut power folding mirrors i think too. At least navigation was standard now...
Old 01-01-2011, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Another insightful post G-Man, your contributions are always so positive and supportive. I do not believe he stated anywhere the Passat was a better car than the A6, only that it offered similar or better equipment than the Audi which is marketed as the more premium vehicle.
I for one had not realized this and found it interesting. A little knowledge never hurt anyone, did it now G Man? LTFO.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NRO4 states :- MY progresses. I miss my underseat storage drawers from 2006. European models still get them..why not US models? I also don't know why they eliminated the dual vanity mirrors in the visor. Only my female passengers used them but I thought they were pretty cool feature to show off. Also my 2009 doesn't have folding side mirrors. Why?[/quote]

WELL,

I have a 2009 2.7 TDI s-line avant auto.
The drawers under the seats are part of the storage package. (includes nets on rear of front seats & in passenger footwell. cup holders in rear armrest & net in boot on Avants)
My folding mirrors were also an optional extra. I also have the mirrors in the visor dual vanity.
It seam that there are a lot of differences between UK & USA models of the same car.

Last edited by royclark; 01-01-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Passat Seems Nicer than the A6