A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Rear Parking Speaker / Buzzer Location

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 337 Likes on 285 Posts

Here are the pictures I took during my first attempt. They may help someone. Things became fuzzy when it was time to remove the triangle shaped pillar. I realized later that I had to pull up the rear deck cover to be able to remove it (check my previous post above).

Last edited by kelisko; 07-12-2018 at 02:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Heather Begley (09-27-2019)
Old 03-28-2016, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Kelisko, great write-up and pics...really helpful for those looking fix this themselves
Old 03-29-2016, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by raj99
Kelisko, great write-up and pics...really helpful for those looking fix this themselves
Thanks! I am learning a lot here so I'm just trying to give back when I get the chance. Sharing is good
Old 04-01-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great DIY instruction

I was lazy, didn't remove the blown speaker; just moved the wire to the new speaker, and left the new speak under the rear dash board.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
Here are the pictures I took during my first attempt. They may help someone. Things became fuzzy when it was time to remove the triangle shaped pillar. I realized later that I had to pull up the rear deck cover to be able to remove it.

Wow. I am getting ready to do this next week when my part arrives. So, I decided to do some searching in hopes of finding something like this and what do you know...........Kelisko you came through like a champ. This seems like a lot of work to get to that speaker but I am willing to do it in order to rid myself of that sickening blown speaker sound that I hear every time I put the car in reverse. I wish I had seen this post about making sure the speaker is 2008 or later before I ordered it yesterday. I ordered one that said it was new because I figured that getting one from a similar year car would probably not end up well for me. Thanks for doing this. Making my car better one step at a time.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by akingzkid
Wow. I am getting ready to do this next week when my part arrives. So, I decided to do some searching in hopes of finding something like this and what do you know...........Kelisko you came through like a champ. This seems like a lot of work to get to that speaker but I am willing to do it in order to rid myself of that sickening blown speaker sound that I hear every time I put the car in reverse. I wish I had seen this post about making sure the speaker is 2008 or later before I ordered it yesterday. I ordered one that said it was new because I figured that getting one from a similar year car would probably not end up well for me. Thanks for doing this. Making my car better one step at a time.
Yeah, it can be annoying. It will eventually fail and stop sounding at all so it's a good thing you are thinking of replacing it. Just be patient while at it. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, it can be annoying. It will eventually fail and stop sounding at all so it's a good thing you are thinking of replacing it. Just be patient while at it. Good luck!
Thanks Kelisko. I plan to be patient. Ok, who am I kidding........I am not very patient when working on my cars. LOL. But I will do my best. I just wish there was a way to test the speaker before tearing all of this apart to only find out that the speaker doesn't work or it sounds blown also. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by akingzkid
Thanks Kelisko. I plan to be patient. Ok, who am I kidding........I am not very patient when working on my cars. LOL. But I will do my best. I just wish there was a way to test the speaker before tearing all of this apart to only find out that the speaker doesn't work or it sounds blown also. Any ideas? Thanks.
I thought about that too after my first unsuccessful attempt but no, I did not find any safe way to test it. I hope you did not purchase any aftermarket product. I found a lot of these online but skipped. For the labor to get there I would rather order something genuine, from Audi, used (from 2008 onward) or new. It was impossible to find a new one so I ordered a used one...
Old 03-23-2018, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I thought about that too after my first unsuccessful attempt but no, I did not find any safe way to test it. I hope you did not purchase any aftermarket product. I found a lot of these online but skipped. For the labor to get there I would rather order something genuine, from Audi, used (from 2008 onward) or new. It was impossible to find a new one so I ordered a used one...
Unfortunately I did not purchase genuine. But it does say that it is new and it is NOT from China. I am trying to keep the costs down with the many things I am working on / plan to work on. It was a whopping $7 as opposed to $45. I sure hope it works!!! LOL. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did anyone who replaced their parking warning buzzer have issues with it beeping every 1 second non-stop (even while in park and in drive) after they installed it? I replaced mine tonight and that is what it is doing. It had some fault codes related to the parking aid and when I clear them it fixes it. But as soon as I start the car and put it in reverse, it starts beeping every 1 second again and while in park and in drive. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Rear Parking Speaker / Buzzer Location