A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Rough startup

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well got it done and so far so good starts well and seems to run great. We will see over the next couple days how she fires up in the mornings. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Old 06-17-2021, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
Well got it done and so far so good starts well and seems to run great. We will see over the next couple days how she fires up in the mornings. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

by the way the one that I took out was made in China. 8E0951253 which no supersede to 4H0951253 and they are made in Portugal
Old 06-17-2021, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts

by the way the one that I took out was made in China. 8E0951253 which no supersede to 4H0951253 and they are made in Portugal
So you got only one 4H0951253 ?

And that's it? Man I'm gonna get one tomorrow.

Amazing if it worked!
Old 06-17-2021, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by G-Can
So you got only one 4H0951253 ?

And that's it? Man I'm gonna get one tomorrow.

Amazing if it worked!
Yes $37 at Audi. Took a little while to get that cover off for the back two screws are harder to get at. Just make sure when you put that cover back in that the rear is sealed. I had to take it off again for the back tabs were not in right and the seal was open. Both of those relays are the same 4H0951253. That China built one looked like it was hot for two of the tangs were purple at the base. My son just text me he is driving it and says it runs way smoother now. I hope you have the same success. I just pray that over the next week it starts like it should and the problem is fixed.

Audi only had one in stock otherwise I would have replaced both of those. The two that are in there now are identical both made in Portugal.

Last edited by Bill Mitchell; 06-17-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Check this out. Just found this TSB from Audi for 2010 and newer A6's.... guess what they are replacing for no start situations. Same relay.... Same part number. Unreal.... I even spoke to Audi about my issue a while ago and all they said is we will diagnose the problem and let you know. Could have been hours of BS. I spent $150 at a shop that hooked into it and only said they couldn't find the problem and that they reset the engine light and let us know if it happens again and we will look at it again....... Two days later no start..... Christ.... I sure hope this relay was the issue.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...55713-5611.pdf

Old 06-17-2021, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Check this out. Just found this TSB from Audi for 2010 and newer A6's.... guess what they are replacing for no start situations. Same relay.... Same part number. Unreal.... I even spoke to Audi about my issue a while ago and all they said is we will diagnose the problem and let you know. Could have been hours of BS. I spent $150 at a shop that hooked into it and only said they couldn't find the problem and that they reset the engine light and let us know if it happens again and we will look at it again....... Two days later no start..... Christ.... I sure hope this relay was the issue.

So I should just get two of them and replace both.

Man I do hope this fixes my non starts when half cold. Just did it know, came from work at 7.45, now 2 hours later started and running on 500rpm.for 3-4 seconds, thinking should it turn off or continue running.

If it sat for another half hour it wouldn't of started 100%

Thank you for this, keep me posted how it behaves, and I'll try to get these relays tomorrow if they have them in stock here in toronto
Old 06-17-2021, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Man I do hope this fixes my non starts when half cold. Just did it know, came from work at 7.45, now 2 hours later started and running on 500rpm.for 3-4 seconds, thinking should it turn off or continue running.

Thank you for this, keep me posted how it behaves, and I'll try to get these relays tomorrow if they have them in stock here in toronto
Old 06-17-2021, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by G-Can

Yes I would replace them both since you are in there. $80 and you are done. Let me know if you have the old China part in yours. Be careful when you take that cover off those screws at the back will drop into no mans land. What year is your car? mine is a 2007 3.2
Old 06-17-2021, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes I would replace them both since you are in there. $80 and you are done. Let me know if you have the old China part in yours. Be careful when you take that cover off those screws at the back will drop into no mans land. What year is your car? mine is a 2007 3.2
Same mine is avant
The following users liked this post:
Bill Mitchell (06-17-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey, which one of the two from that photo you took you actually replaced?

I just got one as the guy in parts told only one is in charge with fuel pump, but it doesn't show him which one of the two.

Could you circle which one you replaced?

Quick Reply: Rough startup