A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Sad face

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad face

My new to me car is having a couple issues.

It's an 08 a6 3.2

First I am getting an intermittent right dipped headlight code with a non fire of the lamp. I am hoping it is just a tired bulb but I've read it could also be a leveler motor failure.

The second issue may be a non issue but on the intake actuators should they move freely or is some stiffness ok? Mine are one in front one in back. The back one feels stiff (read immovable), it may be because I can't get in there as well as the front but it feels like it won't move.

I hope I'm over reacting......
Old 06-12-2011, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update...
Right side headlamp
Headlamp issue was an incorrectly installed ignitor the plug was not pushed in all the way. This has been corrected. I is not easy to do and the space for your head is narrow but with luck and careful feel you can get the plug in. The left is easier to see because the plug is on top instead of bottom.
Cost a little skin and $0

Intake valves are not stiff I just couldnt get to the actuator correctly. Today I managed to get in far enough to reach the actuator and it moved freely.

WHEW!!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Philip1
Update...
Right side headlamp
Headlamp issue was an incorrectly installed ignitor the plug was not pushed in all the way. This has been corrected. I is not easy to do and the space for your head is narrow but with luck and careful feel you can get the plug in. The left is easier to see because the plug is on top instead of bottom.
Cost a little skin and $0

Intake valves are not stiff I just couldnt get to the actuator correctly. Today I managed to get in far enough to reach the actuator and it moved freely.

WHEW!!!!!
On a side note...

The air box is a brilliant bit of engineering with a main air feed that gets air from the grille and at high load a second one that opens into the fender for even more air.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip1
On a side note...

The air box is a brilliant bit of engineering with a main air feed that gets air from the grille and at high load a second one that opens into the fender for even more air.
I though that the fender pipe is to drain water sucked in by the main intake
Old 06-13-2011, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

There is a drain pipe at the bottom of the box but this secondary intake is high and to the side with a vacuum door and it connects to some ductwork.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ight issue came back. I'm not to proud to admit when something is beyond my skillset. I will be calling service tomorrow and will get this fixed.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just returned from Audi of Charlotte and I could not be happier. The headlight issue turned out to be a faulty bulb and the sales manager paid to replace both. I have had this car just a week but I didn't expect any special treatment. I will be returning to Audi of Charlotte for my next Audi and for service.