A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 346 Likes on 290 Posts
Default Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

After 16 years of Audi ownership, I am leaving the brand.

The main reason why I am leaving is that my recently purchased C7 A7 is a piece of crap that has drained me completely financially. The C6 is a great car that I have abused a lot and that needs a lot of fixing here and there. I was hoping that my new C7 A7 would allow me to take the time to fix my C6 A6 but it turned out to be the worse decision of my life. Details are on my channel which used to be named That African Audi DIYer that I renamed That African Guy because I no more want to be associated with the brand.

I sold my C5 A6 two weeks ago for about $500 and I sold my C6 A6 last weekend for about $600. I will get rid of the C7 soon. I really am done with the brand!

Audi have gone so low! They really are trash now. Not just the crappy new engines that are designed to die by 60,000 miles. The driving experience is robot-like. Zero connection, no steering feel, bad handling, crappy quattro, crappy sound system, flimsy materials, uncomfortable seats, excessive technology that disrupt the driving experience and there's more. The C7 is a terrible downgrade from the C6 and it's a shame that people who moved to the C7 from the C6 did not share this information. The C6 is really a gem. It's the best car I have owned by far.

I am out and I am not spending a penny to buy any Audi product because I don't want to keep funding them. I believe this is intentional by Audi and their parent company the Volkswagen Group AG. They really are screwing their customers big time. Don't get me wrong, I did not buy an abused car. I purchased it because I have proof it was very well maintained and I have confirmation that all cars from that generation having the same 3.0 TFSI CREC engine are and will undergo the same fate no matter what you do: A6, A7, Q7, S4, S5, SQ5. This is not to mention issues with the 2.0 TFSI engines that are widely known for years but are intentionally not fixed and then the 4.0 TFSI known issues that were not fixed either. All these engines have flaws Audi and the VW group knew about but rolled them out anyways for the sake of profit.

I am moving out and on and I am not turning back. I thought I would be sad but strangely I feel relieved. I will be buying a brand new car from another brand soon. The news will be on my channel for those who are interested. Take care...

The following 3 users liked this post by kelisko:
Nkyrental (06-20-2023), Pclonger (05-17-2024), Q7_PANZER (05-06-2024)
Old 06-20-2023, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

buddy, I feel you completely, I came to that conclusion after owning C5 and C6.

Everything keeps failing all the time, all the time some issues, it is frustrating. Some are just ridiculously annoying and unfixable, or incredibly expensive to fix.

I support your decision! Good luck!
Old 06-20-2023, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry to see you go, but when it's time, it's time.
Selfish question, are you going to pull all of your amazing videos? You have done some great work documenting so much stuff. Which in it's own way is a testament to what you are saying.

The following users liked this post:
uberwgn (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by G-Can
buddy, I feel you completely, I came to that conclusion after owning C5 and C6.

Everything keeps failing all the time, all the time some issues, it is frustrating. Some are just ridiculously annoying and unfixable, or incredibly expensive to fix.

I support your decision! Good luck!
I beat you to it
Old 06-20-2023, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sswari
Sorry to see you go, but when it's time, it's time.
Selfish question, are you going to pull all of your amazing videos? You have done some great work documenting so much stuff. Which in it's own way is a testament to what you are saying.
No I am not pulling the videos. I am making money out of them
The following 6 users liked this post by kelisko:
das60 (09-08-2023), G-Can (06-20-2023), HighMileAudi (07-12-2023), ottoting (06-23-2023), Schmidt50 (06-21-2023), uberwgn (06-20-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-20-2023, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

it wouldnt be smart to pull them down, and why would you. You helped a lot of people with those, they are very good.
The following users liked this post:
das60 (09-08-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
No I am not pulling the videos. I am making money out of them
Good Deal, again, sorry to see you go.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Sorry to see you go as well. Your videos and threads have been a great help to all of us who have followed you. Thank you! And I know what you mean by the degraded quality of the VAG vehicles over time. I have owned VWs/Audis since 1976 with purchasing new as well as slightly used. I have even written a certified letter to a Sr VP of Audi USA complaining about the quality issues on my '06 A6 Avant w/o any response. As one of the auto suppliers I had used, he noted that none of the auto manufacturers today build their vehicles to last. Hope you find something that meets you needs.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by A6Gary
Sorry to see you go as well. Your videos and threads have been a great help to all of us who have followed you. Thank you! And I know what you mean by the degraded quality of the VAG vehicles over time. I have owned VWs/Audis since 1976 with purchasing new as well as slightly used. I have even written a certified letter to a Sr VP of Audi USA complaining about the quality issues on my '06 A6 Avant w/o any response. As one of the auto suppliers I had used, he noted that none of the auto manufacturers today build their vehicles to last. Hope you find something that meets you needs.
thing is all of them do that, but man, the sxit that is braking on my audis is just ridiculous. Or issues that are continuing from generation to generation even.
It just says they do it on purpose.
You cant tell me they cant sort out chain issues in almost 20 years of building these 3.0/3.2 engines. They wont fix it on purpose.

And other stupid crap like steering column issues that cost a fortune, failing LED lights in the back that actually work but show an error and lights cost a fortune, power trunk issue not closing or half closing and going back up or down, and cost to repalce those motors is exorbitant,
or failing keyless door lock sensors, or rusting door panels above trim which is an issue since forever, not to mention car shaking on highway regardless of tires/wheels combo, it just frkn random luck, happened on both C5 and C6,
these are the things that drive me insane and have birnt so much cash to try to figure them out and still happen.

@kelisko you are doing a smart move man, water under the bridge and dont look back.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 119 Likes on 105 Posts

What brand are you considering to move into?

Sorry to see you go. You have helped a lot of people.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand