A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
View Poll Results: Should I debadge my A6 and 3.2Q?
YES debadge the A6 and the 3.2Q
64.71%
NO don't debadge the A6 and the 3.2Q
35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Should I debadge my A6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it makes the car look shady and as though it was in an accident and they didn't finish the car.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoVA_A6
I think it makes the car look shady and as though it was in an accident and they didn't finish the car.
If it was in an accident and anyone was trying to hide it, they would like to try to make it look as original as possible and include all the designations. Can't say I agree with you. Car looks great without, cleaner and less busy.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoVA_A6
I agree i go to auctions all the time and that always throws a flag when i see no badges, but i do like the look and might do it to mine. You can always put them back on.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Take 'em off. I debadge all of my vehicles. They clutter the car and are often ugly.
Do consider the paint before you take them off.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My take is only S6s should be debadge. When I see a base engine debadged, I think, "who is this guy fooling?" What would the purpose be of the debadge? Doing this on the 4.2 would probably fly. The idea is typically to create a sleeper. With a debadge, some guy pulls up in a Boxter and decides he's going to get in front of you only for him to be embarrassed. With the base engine, it looks to me like someone wants people to think they might have a crazy powerful engine when they don't. I don't know that this is true in this case, but for what it's worth, it's what I typically think. Maybe you can change my mind about this sort of thing.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I think it looks great...

I bought my car debadged, and I think it looks much cleaner without the A6/3.2 on the back. I'd go for it. I can't possibly see how it might "cost you thousands" at resale, should you decide to do so.

Now were it an S6, I'd leave it alone, but that's me.

Cheers.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess some would de-badge to hide the fact that they have the base or cheaper model. I have a 4.2 ,which was the largest engine available at the time. I de-badges because I don't care what people think(otherwise I would have bought a MB or BMW) ,and I don't need to advertise what model/engine I have.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Eric5412
I guess some would de-badge to hide the fact that they have the base or cheaper model. I have a 4.2 ,which was the largest engine available at the time. I de-badges because I don't care what people think(otherwise I would have bought a MB or BMW) ,and I don't need to advertise what model/engine I have.
Ditto. I bought the largest engine here too when new. I would debadge an RS6 if I had one.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 892 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
My take is only S6s should be debadge. When I see a base engine debadged, I think, "who is this guy fooling?" What would the purpose be of the debadge? Doing this on the 4.2 would probably fly. The idea is typically to create a sleeper. With a debadge, some guy pulls up in a Boxter and decides he's going to get in front of you only for him to be embarrassed. With the base engine, it looks to me like someone wants people to think they might have a crazy powerful engine when they don't. I don't know that this is true in this case, but for what it's worth, it's what I typically think. Maybe you can change my mind about this sort of thing.
Plus 1
Old 07-13-2009, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Eric5412
Is this a stab @ our cars? (AUDI)

Quick Reply: Should I debadge my A6?