A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Terrible Gas Mileage Audi S6

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
You definitely need to change the valve cover gaskets, and those plugs look ungodly. My recommendation to you is to also change the air filter at the same time. As for the pricing of the valve covers being different....NO. They are the exact same, leverage the SEARCH and you'll see PLENTY of us who've changed them and there are some great write-ups on replacing them.
ECS S6 Valve Cover Gaskets
Thanks man your a lifesaver. Few questions tho.

1- Why should I replace the air filter at the same time? What are the advantages?

2- My mechanic said he needs the valve gasket seal KIT. Is the link you showed me the full kit?
Old 11-14-2017, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by areg321
Thanks man your a lifesaver. Few questions tho.

1- Why should I replace the air filter at the same time? What are the advantages?

2- My mechanic said he needs the valve gasket seal KIT. Is the link you showed me the full kit?
1 - Because it's good maintenance

2 - that's the link to the set...call ECS or https://genuineaudiparts.com/ and ask them for the "kit"...I assume all that means is that it includes the half moons and the spark plug gaskets within the valve covers.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

1 - Because it's good maintenance

2 - that's the link to the set...call ECS or https://genuineaudiparts.com/ and ask them for the "kit"...I assume all that means is that it includes the half moons and the spark plug gaskets within the valve covers.
Bad news... i called ECS and they told me that they only sell the valve covers for Audi S6 2007s that were made after september 26 2007, whereas mine was manufactured on september 25 2006... Fml.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Bad news... i called ECS and they told me that they only sell the valve covers for Audi S6 2007s that were made after september 26 2007, whereas mine was manufactured on september 25 2006... Fml.
I'd contact https://genuineaudiparts.com/ they are my "go to" place when I have time and patience to shop online for my vehicle. You have to setup an account and use their in-built messenger tool, but I've always been very happy with them.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd contact https://genuineaudiparts.com/ they are my "go to" place when I have time and patience to shop online for my vehicle. You have to setup an account and use their in-built messenger tool, but I've always been very happy with them.
Will do. Also, i contacted my local parts dealer. He told me that in my case its not gasket covers its sillicone and quoted me a price of 12$... I told him 12$ for each? He said no its one tube... Then i explained him my problem and he told me in that case I need valve cover grommits which are dealer only. I am very confused right now.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Will do. Also, i contacted my local parts dealer. He told me that in my case its not gasket covers its sillicone and quoted me a price of 12$... I told him 12$ for each? He said no its one tube... Then i explained him my problem and he told me in that case I need valve cover grommits which are dealer only. I am very confused right now.
Contact the folks at http://genuineaudiparts.com/ give them your VIN and ask them about the valve covers...I've not heard of just a silicon gasket for these.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Contact the folks at http://genuineaudiparts.com/ give them your VIN and ask them about the valve covers...I've not heard of just a silicon gasket for these.
Contacted the dealership, ENS, and genuineaudiparts... Apparently my mechanic wasnt kidding, audi stopped making the left valve gasket on its own, they force you to buy the metal plate with it for some reason.

My mechanic replaced the right valve gasket, right spark plug gasket, left spark plug gasket, and instead of replacing the left valve gasket, he took it out, reconstructed it with sillicone, and put it back. Also, he cleaned the coil packs and replaced my air filter. Told me it was a 3 and a half hour job with 2 guys on the car at all times. Charges me 440$ for all parts and labor. I feel its a fair price. Thanks for all your help man i really appreciate it!
Old 11-18-2017, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

thats strange.. i took a look at Audi spare part system...the valve cover gaskets can be ordered..the part nr for your engine is:
07L103483F Left/driver side
07L103484F Right/passenger side

cheers!/H
Old 11-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hrc4u
thats strange.. i took a look at Audi spare part system...the valve cover gaskets can be ordered..the part nr for your engine is:
07L103483F Left/driver side
07L103484F Right/passenger side

cheers!/H
What website is this on? My check engine light came back on tonight -.-
Old 11-21-2017, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What website is this on? My check engine light came back on tonight -.-
i have the spare part system installed on computer..
but i guess atleast this site should be the same:
Online VAG spare parts catalogue: Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat, VAG VIN decoder, etka online

cheers!/H

Quick Reply: Terrible Gas Mileage Audi S6