A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Transmission Issues. Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 05:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Issues. Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 2009

Hi There.

So ive got an Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 2009 Automatic 6 speed.
I have not been able to find similiar issues here so i thought ill write a new thread.
So everytime i start my car of in the morning and put it in D or R the car wont move and goes into Limp/Safe mode, and im only able to drive it in third gear.
If I then turn the car off and start it again the transmission works perfect, no bad sounds, no shifting issues and the light wont turn on.
So I only got this issue in the morning when i start it off cold.

My thoughts are that the ATF oil is low and it wont shift until the gears are used in limp mode.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

Here are some errors that i found when connecting the car to a computer.

P2703
-Transmission Friction Element D Apply Time Range/Performance
-Intermittent

P2700
-Transmission Friction Element A Apply Time Range/Performance
-Permanent
Old 09-09-2018, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Chilostatic
Hi There.

So ive got an Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 2009 Automatic 6 speed.
I have not been able to find similiar issues here so i thought ill write a new thread.
So everytime i start my car of in the morning and put it in D or R the car wont move and goes into Limp/Safe mode, and im only able to drive it in third gear.
If I then turn the car off and start it again the transmission works perfect, no bad sounds, no shifting issues and the light wont turn on.
So I only got this issue in the morning when i start it off cold.

My thoughts are that the ATF oil is low and it wont shift until the gears are used in limp mode.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

Here are some errors that i found when connecting the car to a computer.

P2703
-Transmission Friction Element D Apply Time Range/Performance
-Intermittent

P2700
-Transmission Friction Element A Apply Time Range/Performance
-Permanent
I cannot tell for your transmission exactly, but for my wife's A3 Dual Clutch tranny, there is a way to use VAGCOM to readjust all the clutches.
I used to have weird problems when it did not switch into R and the PNDR was blinking. I have run the readjustment and it looks better now. I have followed these steps: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...rbox_(DSG/02E)
Old 09-13-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

First things first... a little information
In your transmission, Clutch A is used for engaging gears 1 through 4, and Brake D is used for engaging 1st gear and Reverse...
Clutch B also is used for 3rd gear, which is why you are able to Limp in 3rd.
As time goes by and transmission fluid goes through heat cycles and ages, the friction properties change. This will lead to progressively rougher shifts, a less smooth idle, etc. To help alleviate this, the 09E/09L transmission adapts clutch charge pressures and slippage, as well as quick charge time, to compensate. These values can only be adapted so much. In the case of clutch A, for example, approx. - 400 mbar to +350 mbar, and quick charge times of approx. - 40 ms to 120 ms. If the computer deems that a clutch or quick charge time needs to be adapted more than these values, it cannot compensate, and a fault is stored.

First, I would recommend you post a blockmap of module 02 - Auto Trans. Take a look at your shift element adaptation values and post them here. You want to open VCDS, 02 - Auto Trans., Measuring Blocks 73-77 (shift elements A-E).
To perform the blockmap... VCDS --> Applications --> Controller Channel Map. Enter Controller Address 02, select 'Measuring Blocks', and select output as 'CSV file' Click GO, and a blockmap will be generated in your VCDS Log folder. Upload that here so we can see what it reveals...
Old 10-09-2018, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late answer has been alot of phonecalls to my insurance company because it turned out my car had transmission insurance for another year! lucky me!
I took the car to my local audi workshop and they checked it for about 1-2 weeks and the issue turned out to be that the ATF transmission filter had dropped from its place... this led to the transmission having problems with getting enough pressure to make the car move. So they just changed the ATF transmission filter to one with a little rubber packing so it would stay at its place and everything was working perfectly!