A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

UK: Question for those of deep knowledge and experience! Rogue Oil Pressure Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Beardsley
Hi Sam

Whilst evaluating the remaining Laundry List of possible causes.

I have to ask the $1000 question.

If the Audi remains reliable and the cause can't be isolated and solved.

Is it possible to 'defeat' the sensor to prevent the endless distracting alarms ??

Peace and Quiet would be a luxury !

Regards
Kevin
For sake of argument and to be vague. The fsi in my opinion is far less picky in triggering an oil light. Well it is. The first tsi and up all have more contributors to be considered when dealing with a rogue light like this, period.

I would really consider putting on a new oil filter housing as I’ve mentioned, your vehicle sounds like it’s well cared for so it would be a shame to cut corners. As I’ve mentioned it has a internal breather, and is linked to the upper pcv via hose. Have you tried a new oil pressure switch? Have you checked if there’s a revision on it? I really can’t remember but I recall changing them and some being replaced with one that had a micro screen instead of just a hole in the center. Could have been a model specific thing, but do look into a possible update part # yourself.

To connect my dots. The oil pressure sensor on the fsi engine, is directly screwed into the right side of the plastic oil filter housing...

As for an override, being a single wire, I don’t see why not. If there’s a will there’s a way.