A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

upgrade exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCold
I shot a mail off to Corsa Performance the other day to see if they had anything for the A6. They don't, but he did send me a link to a catback they are working on for the S4 and maybe those mufflers would work (if they fit). It sounds pretty good, and I like how they focus on making highway driving nice and quiet with no drone.

Here's a link to the vid Jim sent me: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...007_135864.htm
man that sounds pretty sweeet

below is an image from genuineaudiparts as to the s4 exhaust ... looking at the mufflers they may be similar...

Old 06-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

As I wait for the Corsa mufflers to become available...
I will be cutting out my rear resonator/ muffler (the ones under the trunk) and installing the Magnaflow 12" Resonator tips. They are a nice oval shape that should look nice and stuffed.

I'm curious how much the Corsa mufflers will be... It would be nice if they had some generic slip-ons so we could try stuffung one up there.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Father_Flanagan
As I wait for the Corsa mufflers to become available...
I will be cutting out my rear resonator/ muffler (the ones under the trunk) and installing the Magnaflow 12" Resonator tips. They are a nice oval shape that should look nice and stuffed.

I'm curious how much the Corsa mufflers will be... It would be nice if they had some generic slip-ons so we could try stuffung one up there.
make sure you post a vid with your magnaflow setup. i'm curious how it will sound
Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will do- It will be next week, though. The car is in service for a new windshield right now.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

supersprint offer great exhaust systems for 3.2...
Oval tip 145x 95, see the website.
I know its quite pricy but much better than Remus in mine opinion.
Good luck with your search
Old 06-29-2009, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

it look like supersprint is also a axle back system (not a cat-back) of the straight through design. those tips look huge (4in maybe?).

Does anyone have this exhaust on?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wonder how those sound. SUPER expensive tho.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just ordered the Supersprint Muffler and Tips... At first I went for eissenman, but after lots of reviews on google I'm afraid the sound is too loud. So my friends advise me super sprint, will post pictures when I receive them, takes more than 6 weeks (indonesia).
Old 06-30-2009, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just saw an S5 video of the Supersprint exhaust. Wow. It's a little more raspy than I think I want, but wow. That rumble sounds great.

I wonder what else I'm going to have to do. Should I remove just one or both of the resonators? Have the shop install an H pipe maybe? There's so many things that can affect the sound it's hard to know with out trying them all.

When I get back to the states later this month, I'll start talking to various shops in the Seattle area. See what they might recommend. Maybe somoene will have an idea about the resonators and if anyone else has done any custom exhaust setups in the area.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my case I ordered the non resonator, they will place that first so we test the sound, if later (1month) it not much different with stock, they will put a straight pipe system and remove my catalisator. I will keep you updated

Quick Reply: upgrade exhaust help