A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

what would be the changes for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tubi
Does anyone think the C6 styling is seriously running long in the tooth even with the facelift?
No, I think it still look pretty good.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MY 2012 is the refresh you should see it in mid to late '11...no sooner guaranteed!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I had the supercharged car yesterday as a loaner overnight and I was so impressed I'm getting rid of my 08 (lease to my sister) to get this car. wow
Old 05-28-2009, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Isn't 50K in your pocket worth more than 50K in audi's pocket over the lifetime of your car deal. That's what I was told by my accountant. IE you could invest that money and make money in return instead of spending it on a depreciating asset. If you could explain your business plan that'd be helpful?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
I had the supercharged car yesterday as a loaner overnight and I was so impressed I'm getting rid of my 08 (lease to my sister) to get this car. wow
Esp with the potential MTM upgrade. S4 already making 333 bhp with the same engine and supercharger. Just change the pulley, I think.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Isn't 50K in your pocket worth more than 50K in audi's pocket over the lifetime of your car deal. That's what I was told by my accountant. IE you could invest that money and make money in return instead of spending it on a depreciating asset. If you could explain your business plan that'd be helpful?
yea, your accountant is right.Leasing is a great way to save money if you are one of those who switch cars every 3 years or so. This is because you WANT to drive a NEW car now & 100% certain that by the end of 3 years term, you will be financially stable enough to take another hit of new car depreciation (companies estimate what the car will worth at the end of lease and the difference is what you will pay, however, they tend to be off by a couple thousands).
Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 893 Likes on 731 Posts

Leasing is great if you always want to pay for the steepest part of the depreciation curve for a vehicle, i.e. the first few years. From an economic point of view it makes the most sense to buy an off lease car and drive it into the ground. I take the middle ground and buy the car new for cash and then run it into the ground, or until the new model comes out.

It is a mistake to confuse car money with investment money. Its similar to asserting that you are skipping lunch in order to invest the $20 in your pension. If your future is so unsecure that $50K is going to make a difference in your pension then you should not be driving a new A6.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What if you lose money on your investment?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default 09 test drive

Really? Whats that much of a difference? I have not test driven the 09 as I have been actively looking at the 08s. I will take a trip this weekend to test drive an 09 then, it just that the price is the 09s are still sky high, but if the supercharged makes a lot of difference in the way it drives, then I would not mind waiting to pick and used one in the beginning of 2010.

Once thing that I noticed in Audi site is that you can configure the car with an sport package, but when I check autotrader, you can never get and sport package A6. I guess few people like that package
Old 06-01-2009, 12:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i guess it makes sense to you, but I don't know why some one would put so much money into a car (even if you can write it off) in the end money is money and money in your pocket is worth more than money in audi's pocket. At lease that's what my best man who's also a top performing financial advisor says. You always want to put the least money down on a depreciating asset, ie a car. Why fork over all that money at once and get his with 20% depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot, vs. lease that slowly pays off that deprectiation, thus keeping more money in your pocket for other things. Bills, investments, or anything for that matter.

I'm a physician by the way, so my future is pretty secure. Recessions hardly effect us

Quick Reply: what would be the changes for 2010