A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

6-month review / impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Great review Darrein!

I too have had my A7 for six months and would like to add to your insightful review. I agree with all your likes and dislikes, although I don't have the rear center console creak...I think.

I love the power of the Supercharged six..could I use more power? Sure, but that's why I'm considering a possible S7 purchase!

Like you, I love the looks of this car and it's functionality...just remarkable on both these counts.

I opted to go with the non sport package and feel the car has too much body roll. Not a fault of the car really, suppose I should have gone with the sport package but I've seen some on this forum claim the sport package equipped A7's still have body roll issues as well.

The seats: Still feel the front seats could be MUCH more comfortable as I still get a dull backache 50% of the time after driving even a short distance. Don't have it in any of my other vehicles and I have adjusted my seating position a thousand different ways. Like many other people, I sit at a computer 8, 10, 12 hours a day and have zero back issues..definitely the seats...my biggest gripe by far with the A7. Audi should offer the comfort seats as an option.

Drivers door armrest: Still ridiculously too low to be of any real use, made my own armrest cushion that looks great and does the job. Surprised more members of this forum don't complain about it.

Bose Sound System: Still fairly crappy sounding, considering the price point the unit should sound MUCH better.

All in all I love my A7. A few weeks back I did a Porsche driving event in upstate New York where I drove 911 S's, 911 Carrera's, Boxster's, Cayenne's and yes...the Panamera...and a fully blown out Panamera GTS at that... for $134k! Although a fantastic vehicle, I just couldn't justify the price premium over the similar specs of the coming S7. Will the Panamera GTS outperform the S7? Probably but is it worth an approximate $33k premium between base models...I seriously doubt it. I was a little concerned that when the event was over I would be a little underwhelmed when I got back in my A7...no such thing happened...made me appreciate the value we've gotten in such a great car even more...the A7 really is just a fantastic vehicle.

I think Audi did an exceptional job with the A7 and I'm anxious to test drive an S7...glad it'll come with the option of comfort seats as well as everything else!
I think the Panamera is possibly the ugliest car on the planet. I am a big 911 fan, but I could not see myself driving that abomination. It's not even in the same (styling) class as the A7. Same can be said, more or less, for the 5 Series GT!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darreln
I think the Panamera is possibly the ugliest car on the planet. I am a big 911 fan, but I could not see myself driving that abomination. It's not even in the same (styling) class as the A7. Same can be said, more or less, for the 5 Series GT!
I think calling the Panamera the "ugliest car on the planet" is overstating it a little when we have the likes of the Pontiac Aztek or Nissan Juke and Cube sharing our roads, but I do agree that it's a pretty hideous car. I'm no big fan of the BMW 5GT either... yuck!

In my opinion, the A7 is the best looking sedan on the market today with the Fisker Karma taking a close second. The Karma is beautiful in its own "futuristic-ish" looking way; I love that it basically looks like a concept car that was put into production without the typical toned-down alterations. The A7, on the other hand, is gorgeous in a more classical sense; it's well proportioned, all of its lines, curves, and angles are in the right place, and I've yet to find an unflattering angle to view the A7 from!