A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 Road Rage

Don't be a douchebag like these drivers...

Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So is a dash-cam standard equipment in Russia?

Seems like everyone has them...for good reason!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Damn, that's pretty aggressive. It runs in the blood so that's why so many people have on-dash cams in the car. LOL!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
Damn, that's pretty aggressive. It runs in the blood so that's why so many people have on-dash cams in the car. LOL!
These Russian/Eastern European videos of road rage and terrible driving are just the funny byproduct of the main reason so many Russians and Eastern European drivers own dash cams -- to protect themselves from the rampant insurance fraud and corruption that goes on there.

There are a ton of videos on Youtube showing pedestrians strolling up to a car already stopped at an intersection, throwing themselves onto the car's hood, and falling over pretending to be hurt. Other more common scams include people backing their (usually already damaged) cars into a car behind them and claiming they got rear-ended, hit and runs where your only recourse is to hopefully capture the perpetrator's license plate on video while he/she's speeding off to avoid liability, etc.

A whole compilation of failed insurance fraud attempts thwarted thanks to having a dash cam:

(You'll notice at ~3:30 in this video, that scam was being coordinated by the police... soooo forget relying on witnesses of any kind, video is the only protection that can be counted on in many cases.)

I love how the couple just shuts up and hurries back to their BMW after the driver points out he's got a dash cam and captured the whole incident:

And last but not least, one of my favorites, LOL:

Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by i1800collect
These Russian/Eastern European videos of road rage and terrible driving are just the funny byproduct of the main reason so many Russians and Eastern European drivers own dash cams -- to protect themselves from the rampant insurance fraud and corruption that goes on there.

There are a ton of videos on Youtube showing pedestrians strolling up to a car already stopped at an intersection, throwing themselves onto the car's hood, and falling over pretending to be hurt. Other more common scams include people backing their (usually already damaged) cars into a car behind them and claiming they got rear-ended, hit and runs where your only recourse is to hopefully capture the perpetrator's license plate on video while he/she's speeding off to avoid liability, etc.

A whole compilation of failed insurance fraud attempts thwarted thanks to having a dash cam:

(You'll notice at ~3:30 in this video, that scam was being coordinated by the police... soooo forget relying on witnesses of any kind, video is the only protection that can be counted on in many cases.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcm3Egr8gqs

I love how the couple just shuts up and hurries back to their BMW after the driver points out he's got a dash cam and captured the whole incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TQN8B8Jb9k

And last but not least, one of my favorites, LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY5SWgBtJX0

Exactly. What bothers me is that even those who drive a BMW are still capable of those actions. The human race is surely going downhill.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is so funny, I thought the US was the only "sue happy" country in the world, from where I am from (Mexico) there is this urban legend that truck drivers used to go back and crush the person because it was cheaper a dead one than an injured one, so NOBODY will try to pull a scam like that.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have a dash cam in their car, what's a good brand to get, I think they are a good idea even in the US.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can check out Blackvue. They make decent cams from what I heard.

Originally Posted by nyca
Anyone have a dash cam in their car, what's a good brand to get, I think they are a good idea even in the US.