A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 to S7

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gangee
A friend is on his last legs, he may not make it through the night.

I'm reminded to be grateful and that the grass isn't always greener. That I can lust after things, always want...more. But that in the end, it just doesn't matter.

Less is more.

And on that note, no, I'm not "trading up".
Very wise advice. What is your friend's name? We'll pray for him and his family.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm reminded to be grateful and that the grass isn't always greener. That I can lust after things, always want...more. But that in the end, it just doesn't matter.

Less is more.

Gangee,

Sorry about your friend and you are so very right with your thoughts. I have been feeling a bit sheepish about trading in my four month old 2012 Q5 for a "better" vehicle in the A7. Ultimately I decided the Q5 wasn't the vehicle for me and the A7 was a better fit. With that said, I doubt I'll trade up. I think I'll get into enough trouble with the A7 as it is. S7 is gonna be a monster though for sure!

By the way, will there be an option NOT to get the quilting in the sports seats? I really didn't care for it. Not that it matters I guess if I'm not getting the S7 I suppose.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Less is more.

Gangee, sorry to hear about your friend. It truly puts the big picture in perspective.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No sour grapes

Originally Posted by trieste
Gangee, sorry to hear about your friend. It truly puts the big picture in perspective.
By no means do I want to spoil someone else's jones. If an S7 turns you on, go for it.

But here's my experience. I'm 52, very youg at heart and in health. When I was broke, I longed after "stuff" - clothes, cars, you name it.

Then once I achieved some success, I started buying some of the stuff I longed for. My gosh, I'm so fortunate. I've had 7 new cars, most people never have 1.

But it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. New cars, new problems. And it didn't do anything for my serenity or happiness.

Now with my buddy hours away from leaving his body, I need to enjoy what I have. Give more than I take. Because life really is short. And if I always want something "better" I'm never going to enjoy what I have.

But that's just me. By no means am I saying this is gospel.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would do it at the drop of a hat - assuming this winter goes well with the A7 and that the color and options I want just so happen to be on the lot. But question is - after depreciation on our vehicles - how much you think we will have to drop to "upgrade" but not really.

After some thought lets say you paid 63,000 for your A7 (price is USD & random). S7 is gonna be what $80? I seeing a lot of outflow in cash that if combined and used at once could have got me an R8.

simply answer - yes i plan on trying to nabe one from dealer after 6 months of being sold in US market - to work bugs out
Old 12-23-2011, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

But it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. New cars, new problems. And it didn't do anything for my serenity or happiness.

Now with my buddy hours away from leaving his body, I need to enjoy what I have. Give more than I take. Because life really is short. And if I always want something "better" I'm never going to enjoy what I have.
Gangee,

I've heard what you describe exactly, referred to as "Trying to fill the God shaped hole". No matter how we try ,one can throw watches, motorcycles, women and yes Audi's in that hole and they'll never fit nor will one ever hear them hit bottom, because it's a bottomless pit that is only filled with things spiritual and not material. I struggle with this on a daily basis. Someday's I'm good, other days not so much.

For crying out loud I'm SUCH an offender that I'm on this forum because I'm trading in my BRAND NEW four month old 2012 Q5 because it "didn't work for me" but the A7 will surely solve all my problems and make me spiritually enlightened and much better looking too...not!

Progress not perfection, progress not perfection I gotta keep telling myself.

Merry Christmas all!