A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Access to Center Console for AMI cable connection?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jfourman
Thanks, Can you give me a link for the Panavise mount for the A7? Does it have a USB power access that is available other than running a wire from one of the cigarette adapter outlets?
Last time I looked they did not have one for the A7 yet, ask them if it is ready now. Contact is John Palmer [jpalmer@panavise.com]

The bracket is only a piece of sheet metal, you need to run a wire to a power source. I usually just feed the wire through the crack behind the mount and run it either to a cigarette lighter socket nearby or to the fuse box. Fuse box is preferred as that way you can have permanent power to the phone, the lighter sockets are switched and go off when the car is turned off.

There is a convenient fuse box at the left butt end of the dash.

For the iPhone use a BURY charging cradle mounted on the bracket.

http://www.bury.com/cms/us/products/...unktionen.html
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2012, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Last time I looked they did not have one for the A7 yet, ask them if it is ready now. Contact is John Palmer [jpalmer@panavise.com]

The bracket is only a piece of sheet metal, you need to run a wire to a power source. I usually just feed the wire through the crack behind the mount and run it either to a cigarette lighter socket nearby or to the fuse box. Fuse box is preferred as that way you can have permanent power to the phone, the lighter sockets are switched and go off when the car is turned off.

There is a convenient fuse box at the left butt end of the dash.

For the iPhone use a BURY charging cradle mounted on the bracket.

http://www.bury.com/cms/us/products/...unktionen.html
fkaufman: Thanks, I emailed John Palmer. Is this photo with the PanaVise InDash Mount your A7 or an A6? If it is an A6, it looks like this mount would be identical to the one required for an A7.

How hard is it to use a hook tool to remove the panel? I feel confident in my ability to do the wiring; but am a little nervous that I would scratch something trying to release the panel.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jfourman
fkaufman: Thanks, I emailed John Palmer. Is this photo with the PanaVise InDash Mount your A7 or an A6? If it is an A6, it looks like this mount would be identical to the one required for an A7.

How hard is it to use a hook tool to remove the panel? I feel confident in my ability to do the wiring; but am a little nervous that I would scratch something trying to release the panel.
Actually the picture is an A7. The bracket is on the website of a company from the UK http://www.dashmount.co.uk/index.php...i/Audi-A7.html

The Panavise mount should be similar.

To pull the panel, you need two hook tools. There are two indentations on the bottom of the HVAC control panel, hook the tools in and pull, it comes forward fairly easy.