A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Any A7 Owners upgrading to the S7?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any A7 Owners upgrading to the S7?

I will definitely test drive the S7. I really love my A7, so if I'm really, really BLOWN AWAY...

But probably not
Old 07-27-2012, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

S7 was my 1st choice, but it won't be available 'til end of the year. A7 filled the immediate gap for me until S7 is available. Since then, I've a change of heart, I'm keeping the A7 for daily driver and thinking either R8 or Porsche 911 Turbo, for fun car.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vuvision
S7 was my 1st choice, but it won't be available 'til end of the year. A7 filled the immediate gap for me until S7 is available. Since then, I've a change of heart, I'm keeping the A7 for daily driver and thinking either R8 or Porsche 911 Turbo, for fun car.
Love your plan! I hope it comes true for you.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Negative - I'm shooting for a Panamera, M6, or a Quattroporte when this lease is up.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm considering it but really only for the comfort seats if they turn out to be a lot better than the A7 ones. I expect it would cost more than switching to buy just the seats and retrofit them into my A7
Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am reading on other Audi sites that the S7 is going to be in "limited production" - I wonder if that's true. Then you will see dealer markups on it, and that will wipe out most of the "general interest" purchasers of it. I wonder if that will be true.

On an unrelated note - I wonder if Audi is going to upgrade the brakes in the S7, because one criticism of the A6/7 that you do see in alot of reviews is criticism of brake feel being too soft.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would not buy the S7 unless I was planning to do a conversion to hop it up to 500+ Hp... otherwise stock is not worth it... the reviews coming in seem to say as much... stay with the A7.

Ill have fun with my A7 for a few yrs and then see where the chips fall.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/2012...updated/262305
Old 07-28-2012, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nyca
I am reading on other Audi sites that the S7 is going to be in "limited production" - I wonder if that's true. Then you will see dealer markups on it, and that will wipe out most of the "general interest" purchasers of it. I wonder if that will be true.

On an unrelated note - I wonder if Audi is going to upgrade the brakes in the S7, because one criticism of the A6/7 that you do see in alot of reviews is criticism of brake feel being too soft.
I vaguely remember hearing the same "limited production" rhetoric about the A7--And when you think about it, it is rather limited compared to Audi's smaller vehicle line-up. As far as brake "upgrades" go, the S7 has a:

"19" high-performance braking system with carbon fibre-reinforced ceramic brake discs in front and
rear. Includes specially designed cooling ducts in the ventilated and perforated brake discs, brake callipers in high gloss anthracite, and ‘Audi ceramic’ inscription on front calipers" (S7 Brochure).

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...-sportback.pdf
Old 07-28-2012, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vuvision
I'm in the same boat. I love the A7, but find that I'm still itching for something with more sport. I considered the S7, but I think while faster it will still lack the sports car itch I'm having. Something about a small, nimble, powerful and light car that any 4K+ pound car cannot compete with

Also been looking at a 911 for summer-time fun.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
I'm in the same boat. I love the A7, but find that I'm still itching for something with more sport. I considered the S7, but I think while faster it will still lack the sports car itch I'm having. Something about a small, nimble, powerful and light car that any 4K+ pound car cannot compete with

Also been looking at a 911 for summer-time fun.
As much as I love the A7, there's no comparison to the 911 - test drove a 991 cabrio and was absolutely blown away. Of course, if you gotta have a 2-car garage with hatchback & a 'vert, it's hard to do better than these two...

Quick Reply: Any A7 Owners upgrading to the S7?