A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Any UK or Irish owners there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any UK or Irish owners there?

Would you please check if the rear courtesy light switches in your car illuminate red at night (or when lights on). Mine don't and I want to make sure it's a fault before I spend half a day going to the dealer. Cheers!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not illuminated on my UK car and does not look the buttons are designed to either. Annoying though that one of the led's in the rear exterior door handle has stopped working so I'll be getting that sorted.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by double0
Not illuminated on my UK car and does not look the buttons are designed to either. Annoying though that one of the led's in the rear exterior door handle has stopped working so I'll be getting that sorted.

Thanks for that. It looks like I haven't got a fault then after all. Pity about your exterior door handle led. I find that the interior door handle leds are fairly useless re illuminating the door handles. How are you finding the car otherwise? Overall I'm very happy. I have a fault with the music going dead for 30 seconds or so after starting (prob need a software update) but otherwise it's great. I'm getting 34.4mpg overall (2,800 miles) and 41-42 on a long run. How about you?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah really enjoying the A7 which is nice and relaxed after the TTS I had before. Also much better mpg and probably get around the same as you have mentioned although not monitored too closely. Very impressed with how quiet and relaxed it is and can't believe it is only £115 per year tax for a big 3 litre v6 diesel! Love the interior and all the technology.

Had a similar problem to you with intermittent restarts of the MMI when listening to CD or Radio and I'm waiting for a software update to fix. Strangely the dealer has disconnected my DAB Radio aerial until the update arrives and seems to have sorted the issue but obviously do not have DAB stations for now. Main problem I have had (which another UK owner also currently has) was where the Google maps option was greyed out although all other online functions working fine with a SIM in the dash. Ended up getting a new "infotainment ECU" ordered from the factory and fitted to sort that as no amount of software updates would sort this.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you guys find that the Radio always defaults back to FM when the car has been swithced off, I usually use DAB and dont understand why it wont stay in the band after the car has been off or I have been using Media source instead for a while and go back to Radio
Old 10-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nope - before the dealer disconnected the DAB aerial as I mentioned before I'm pretty sure it stayed tuned to the DAB station with no problem. Wonder if you are in an area of poor reception and is reverting to FM?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't suppose in UK you get a wide angle driver's side rear view mirror as standard? I have a Merc CLS and was able to order a wide angle drivers mirror so both rear views are wide and much easier to see traffic behind and to the side. Would be nice to be able to order one to replace our flat mirror.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

UK here and my rear light switches are not illuminated.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Uk Car here, my switches aren't lit either

Maybe you have to have the ambient light package to get this. I don't
Old 10-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tomk
I don't suppose in UK you get a wide angle driver's side rear view mirror as standard? I have a Merc CLS and was able to order a wide angle drivers mirror so both rear views are wide and much easier to see traffic behind and to the side. Would be nice to be able to order one to replace our flat mirror.
The driver mirror has a strip on the outside edge marked with a line which is blind spot reduction which I assume is what you mean re. wide angle?

Quick Reply: Any UK or Irish owners there?