A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 2014 premium, power steering issue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A7 2014 premium, power steering issue.

Hello everyone.
I own a 2014 A7, was involved in an accident. Since the crash my power steering has not been working. I have checked the fuses, insulations of cables, even had the car lift up to check for any damage to the power steering rack itself. There no issue in any of those. I'm getting ESC malfunction, I believe it's the stabilizatinz does that have to do anything with the power steering what so ever ? If anyone could help I would appreciate if anything needs to be clarified further let me know thank you for help.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Is your car under warranty? I would definitely have the dealer do full scan of the problem and go from there. Thats the safest and best way to get the job done right the first time.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hard to say if adaptations are off or there is damage to the module during the crash. I would def take it to Audi, they can identify the problem in a day or same day if they don't have anything on schedule.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's not under warranty anymore, could you please Tel me where the module is located so I can check that? And also any other things I could check before I decided to take it to the dealership?
Old 04-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sokolpl12
It's not under warranty anymore, could you please Tel me where the module is located so I can check that? And also any other things I could check before I decided to take it to the dealership?
Module is located on the steering rack itself and I do not believe you can remove it without removing the steering rack. Module is also not sold separate and is part of the steering rack. You can try re-coding it if that helps.

Last edited by msandhu413; 04-04-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by msandhu413
Module is located on the steering rack itself and I do not believe you can remove it without removing the steering rack. Module is also not sold separate and is part of the steering rack. You can try re-coding it if that helps.

I just had the vehicle hooked up to a computer. It says my module went bad. Is my only option to buy a new power steering rack now ?
Old 04-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. module will be included with the rack.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sokolpl12
I just had the vehicle hooked up to a computer. It says my module went bad. Is my only option to buy a new power steering rack now ?
You could buy a used rack and save a few bucks. Have it installed by a independent shop to save a few more bucks. Shop around.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tenspeed
You could buy a used rack and save a few bucks. Have it installed by a independent shop to save a few more bucks. Shop around.
I just bought a second rack. After connecting it to the vehicle the light on the cluster did not change from red to orange, can there be any other issue?? Computer only states the issue with the rack, I checked all the cables they seem to be fine the fuse/plug that connects to the rack gets power as well
Old 04-10-2017, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do I have to connect the vehicle to the computer to reset it or should the power steering work after just plugging the new one in

Quick Reply: Audi A7 2014 premium, power steering issue.