A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Auto Bluetooth Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Bluetooth Start

Does anyone else have the issue that when you start the car, if you have a phone/bluetooth device already installed, the car will automatically start playing the first song on the device! Does anyone else have this issue and do you know how to alter/turn it off???
Old 01-17-2012, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by crazidezi
Does anyone else have the issue that when you start the car, if you have a phone/bluetooth device already installed, the car will automatically start playing the first song on the device! Does anyone else have this issue and do you know how to alter/turn it off???
My phone connects to the MMI via Bluetooth and I do have music in the appropriate directory on the phone (which happens to be a BlackBerry 8900) but it does not start playing when I start the car.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
My phone connects to the MMI via Bluetooth and I do have music in the appropriate directory on the phone (which happens to be a BlackBerry 8900) but it does not start playing when I start the car.
My A7 starts playing automatically if the source was BT when I shut the car off. If the source was FM or something else, it doesn't start off playing a BT track.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Same with me. I have an iPhone 4 with music on it but it doesn't automatically start playing. Then again I never use my phone as a selected source so the MMI is never set to that source.

The MMI will however start playing the last used source, in my case 99% of the time is one of the SD slots, when the car is started.

It may not be a Bluetooth issue rather a pre-existing bug that many on this forum have complained about in regards to the MMI starting playback automatically and unmuted on vehicle startup.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Trident, congrats on the new car. I just picked mine up yesterday. Best car I have ever owned. You said that you have an iPhone 4. Do you have any problems with it connecting? Mine doesn't work properly. It didn't on my A5 either. It pairs and connects, but not every time I get in the car. I have to manually shut off Bluetooth on the phone, then turn it back on. It connects instantly then. The next time in the car it might connect, then after that it doesn't. It's so frustrating. I'm going to try to switch phones with someone and see if that works. Maybe it's just the phone. Does anyone else have issues? It's an iPhone 4 with the latest software.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A5Owner
Trident, congrats on the new car. I just picked mine up yesterday. Best car I have ever owned. You said that you have an iPhone 4. Do you have any problems with it connecting? Mine doesn't work properly. It didn't on my A5 either. It pairs and connects, but not every time I get in the car. I have to manually shut off Bluetooth on the phone, then turn it back on. It connects instantly then. The next time in the car it might connect, then after that it doesn't. It's so frustrating. I'm going to try to switch phones with someone and see if that works. Maybe it's just the phone. Does anyone else have issues? It's an iPhone 4 with the latest software.
Thanks on the congrats, LOVE the car!

My iPhone 4 connects with no issues, although I am running the previous software ver. 5.0. Are you running 5.1? Anyone here running iOS 5.1 without issue?

The only thing I've noticed with pairing is sometimes my phone pairs immediately, other times it can take up to about 30 seconds.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm running 5.1 without a problem with pairing. I don't use it for music though (sounds awful). I use the SD cards for that.

My wife & I both pair just fine (her phone a cheap Samsung). I wish somehow it would pair automatically to the driver. Instead if we switch drivers, it stays paired to last one driving.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So it has to be the phone. I wonder if resetting it would help. Otherwise I will just swap phones with someone and try it again. Thanks!