A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

DIY RS7 grill install on A7 Prestige without bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm new to the site and need a little help. Can anyone provide a current supplier/seller for a RS7 replacement grill for a 2016 A7. Ebay has a million sellers and I'm just a bit skeptical.

Thanks,
Old 12-13-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Couple of suggestions

Hi guys/gals, just got a C7.5 A7, planning on a a grill. I come from a B8 S4. From my experience there I can tell you, the bumper removal replacement is not a big deal, a second person to help with removing and replacing is helpful so you do not scratch it. On the S4 at least, the bumper has tabs that need to be pulled away from under the fender and most importantly pulled back in place when reinstalling it. The A7 may be different. On the S4 I took it off and on so many times I was concerned with the aforementioned tabs eventually breaking. Multiple removal was for water pump change, crank pulley change etc. Also triple check all your connections or you will get it all back together and in my case, CEL for disconnected fog lights, actually happened twice. When I do my A7 I will do a write up.

The one piece of advice I can offer is for the actual shiny aluminum bumper, no paint, use a can of flat black Plasti-Dip, have good ventilation, put on multiple coats (follow instructions). It sticks to anything and best part if for whatever reason you want it off, peal it off. I did no prep other than a shop rag wipe off. It was perfect for the 3 years I had the car.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by burlgoat53

OEM Grill was a bitch to remove but worth it. RS7 Style grill with Night Vision. No issues with fitment..Also installed the ALL-Fit Lower lip which really made the difference.
Is that the All Fit 2.5 inch Mid Lip or Tradition 1.5 inch?
Old 01-14-2018, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone with pics of a black A/S7 with the rs7 grill? I'm thinking about doing the grill, but somewhat concerned it'll just wash out because of the lack of contrast...

Likeise, any pics of a chrome/metallic/etc. grill and a dark color?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thank you.

Originally Posted by shorttough
I googled for installation instructions, pretty much all of them said you had to remove the bumper and I wasn't comfortable taking the whole bumper off because i wasn't sure how the bumper would look as far as realignment goes.

I am pretty amateur as far DIY goes. but i just jumped on it after i received the grill from eBay.

I was very suprised to find out, that there are about 10 screws that holds it to the bumper!!! pretty much overkill IMO.

Tools Needed was:
25 Torx
a small rotating ranch
and a bottle of water to get myself going.

my tools. i couldn't see where the screws were, so i used my fingers to feel the center of the screws, and positioned the torx to fit in them with my other hand.

4 screws on left. the top two screws are the most difficult to get to, i spent about 15 mins on the top 4 screws

4 screws on right

2 in the center

prep for spraying the silver plastic

sprayed with Rustoleum Black paint

took it back to Home Depot for a refund.

i jused used 6 screws while installing the mesh. since the top 4 were just too difficult to reach.

the price i paid for being careless while removing the OEM grill. Will have to drive by a bodyshop, see if they can just scrub it and paint it to perfection.
I just want to say thank you for the instructions, they were very helpful.

Before.
During
After.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TonyLizz
Where did you get the lower honeycomb vents?
Hi any luck findng out wheee to get the lower bumper vents where the fog lights go . Thank you
Old 05-10-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Double A
Hi any luck findng out wheee to get the lower bumper vents where the fog lights go . Thank you
https://m.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-OEM-A7-Quattro-Front-Bumper-Grille-Grill-Outer-Grille-Right-4G8807682C9B9-/282832402152?fits=Year%3A2012%7CMake%3AAudi%7CMode l%3AA7%20Quattro&_nkw=2012%202015%20Audi%20A7%20S7 %20RS7%20Style%20Front%20Hex%20Mesh%20Grille%20Glo ss%20Black%20Badgeless
Old 09-14-2018, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you buy the aftermarket grille, does it come with the Audi 4 rings logo? Can you just use the one from the original grille? I have the night vision that uses the hole in the 4th ring and it would be great if that logo is removable and I don't have to cut the new grille.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loveaudi
When you buy the aftermarket grille, does it come with the Audi 4 rings logo? Can you just use the one from the original grille? I have the night vision that uses the hole in the 4th ring and it would be great if that logo is removable and I don't have to cut the new grille.
You can buy one with the hole for the camera.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't find one that specifically says the night vision camera will fit. I tried stonecarbon on eBay and they don't even have one that fits the 2012 (my car). I have decided to go with this one and just make the necessary modification for the camera to work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Mesh-...5/302854117265

Quick Reply: DIY RS7 grill install on A7 Prestige without bumper removal