A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Garnet Red A7

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garnet Red A7

I just picked up my Garnet Red A7. I thought it would be a very controversial color and not quite sure if it was suitable for the A7. Unfortunately out of all the color choices that was my favorite so I took a leap of faith and put a deposit on a red car. It finally came in and went to the dealership and fell in love. It's a beautiful car and it's not really a fire engine red or a racing red. Think more along brick red or maroon red. If anyone has seen the Lexus IS car in the maroon red the A7 is very similar.
As soon as I drove it off the lot people were looking and rolling down their windows asking about the car. It's a real head turner and I love the way it drives.
Attached Images     
Old 05-08-2011, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yesterday in Chicago Audi hosted and event where they had A7s giving driving tours of the loop area. I saw a garnet red for the first time in person and was impressed. It's a deep rich red that looks great with the lines of the A7.

Also based on this event I changed my order to phantom black from daytona gray. The black was almost more a gun metal gray and quite stunning

Best of luck with the A7 and I'm sure your going to love the color
Old 05-08-2011, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
Yesterday in Chicago Audi hosted and event where they had A7s giving driving tours of the loop area. I saw a garnet red for the first time in person and was impressed. It's a deep rich red that looks great with the lines of the A7.

Also based on this event I changed my order to phantom black from daytona gray. The black was almost more a gun metal gray and quite stunning

Best of luck with the A7 and I'm sure your going to love the color
Chicago A6, congrats on the color upgrade. Was it a sunny day that made the silver speckles shine through? I agree that it is a better color for the car, but looks like you may have to become friends with your neighborhood car wash guys.

Also, did they let people test drive the A7's, or were folks driven around? I don't know much fun it could be driving on busy streets in a big city.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 713 Likes on 503 Posts

[QUOTE=chicagoA6;24141590]Yesterday in Chicago Audi hosted and event where they had A7s giving driving tours of the loop area. ...Also based on this event I changed my order to phantom black from daytona gray. The black was almost more a gun metal gray and quite stunning./QUOTE]

Had Phantom Black pearl effect on my previous A8---the pearl effect changes the color hue from dark gun metal gray in overcast lighting to grayish-green under florescent lighting, and in bright sunlight it almost looks like deep blue metallic. Quite stunning.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might have a delay for Datona Gray paint.

It's on the limited list and on hold for supplier issues.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks. That was the other reason for the change. Daytona was delayed and dealer didn't have an ETA.

caesar2011 - To answer your questions I actually wash my own car with the exception of Dec-March. I consider it my escape for the weekend. Nothing better than 1-2 hours in the garage with the car, a wash mitt and a couple beers, but I digress

For the event the cars were driven by a someone and we were not allowed to drive. However, watching the people on the street noticing the LED strips and then the car was special.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
Thanks. That was the other reason for the change. Daytona was delayed and dealer didn't have an ETA.

caesar2011 - To answer your questions I actually wash my own car with the exception of Dec-March. I consider it my escape for the weekend. Nothing better than 1-2 hours in the garage with the car, a wash mitt and a couple beers, but I digress

For the event the cars were driven by a someone and we were not allowed to drive. However, watching the people on the street noticing the LED strips and then the car was special.
Thanks, ChicagoA6. Did you hear about anything else being delayed due to the Japanese disaster? There is a rumor of delays on back-up cameras for all Audis.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by caesar2011
Thanks, ChicagoA6. Did you hear about anything else being delayed due to the Japanese disaster? There is a rumor of delays on back-up cameras for all Audis.
Sorry, but no reason was given.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the 8 speed trans comes out of japan,that maybe be a problem down the road,
that the trans that in the A8,A7,A6,it may hurt us,