A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Had my first service

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Had my first service

I had the car in for the 8000km (5000mile) service today. Besides the customary oil change and filter, they did an ECU update (24702599 W01) called a 24V2 Update. I have no idea what this update achieves or fixes. Does anybody know?

I am pleased to say that there was nothing to repair, everything worked flawless for a little over 3 months.

When I arranged my appointment, I was asked if I needed a loaner car while mine is in for the service. They have an arrangement with Enterprise Car Rental and they pay for it, it is available at no cost to me anytime I bring the car in.

They also washed the car and cleaned the interior, no charge and it was ready when they promised it would be. Needless to say, I was rather pleased.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman

When I arranged my appointment, I was asked if I needed a loaner car while mine is in for the service. They have an arrangement with Enterprise Car Rental and they pay for it, it is available at no cost to me anytime I bring the car in.
Shocking that the dealership doesn't have a loaner Audi you can use during service. I would be very annoyed to drive a crappy Enterprise rental car.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiSomeday
Shocking that the dealership doesn't have a loaner Audi you can use during service. I would be very annoyed to drive a crappy Enterprise rental car.
I am not that fussy. As long as I have something to get around in for a few hours, I'm fine.

When I had my previus Audis (1980-1994) the dealership had their own loaner cars, and they were the most basic VW Jettas.

As I understand, legal liabilities have a lot to do with dealers not having their own loaners any more.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The 24V2 update is about your low engine oil level, it might light up the minimum light even if there's enough oil in the engine.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
I am not that fussy. As long as I have something to get around in for a few hours, I'm fine.

When I had my previus Audis (1980-1994) the dealership had their own loaner cars, and they were the most basic VW Jettas.

As I understand, legal liabilities have a lot to do with dealers not having their own loaners any more.
I agree. I don't care which/what loaner as long as I have something to get around in for the time it's in for service. Good to hear you didn't have any "issues" to deal with too.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiSomeday
My dealer is contracted through Enterprise, and they have A3, A4, Merc C series, and Merc GLK loaner cars on top of their normal fleet. I've probabaly had well over a dozen loaner cars fromm them, and usually request something differenet then the usual A4 and I've gotten a brand new Dodge Challenger with 21 miles on the clock, brand new Dodge Ram with 44 miles on the clock and a brand new 2012 Merc C250 with 19 miles. On top of that, I even managed to get a Porsche Boxster a few weeks ago to boot. Nothing, but good things from this Enterprise location.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's great! Where are you located?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My closest dealer has a free shuttle bus! My work is only 3 blocks from the dealer. But sheesh.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Had my 5K service done a week or so ago along with the ECU update and was out of there in a little over an hour. Free coffee, donuts, and wireless. Why bother with a loaner! But if I schedule the service a few days in advance there is always a Q5 or A4 in the rental fleet.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

When I had my Stasis exhaust installed I was loaned a brand new A8L. That's right, A8L, that had fewer miles than my A7,
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Had my first service