A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Keoni - Phantom Black Pearl 2015 Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Keoni - Phantom Black Pearl 2015 Build

Aloha everyone, this thread is for my mini build, so not too much but wanted to keep track of it in one thread. Won't do too much, mostly aesthetic until warranty is up then tune as the GF was adamant that I have at least 1 vehicle under warranty haha.

I bought Cert-Pre January 2018, 2015 A7 Prestige with I think all options (need to fan through the brochure again) as it has pedestrian, night vision, soft close doors, HUD, etc.

Very first day of owning, had it full tinted = full windshield at 50% and all doors/rear hatch at 20%. Tinted using exterior vinyl the rear taillights, reflectors, side markers.

Last edited by tuscani66; 07-18-2018 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 07-18-2018, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Second thing I did was modify a few setting using the Carista App:
1. disabled the dimming of DRL when lights are on
2. disabled the dimming of DRL when using turn signals
3. enabled window up/down function with the key fob
4. enabled rear hatch up/down function with the key fob and driver door switch
5. enabled full dynamic (went from driving characteristics of 3 settings to 4 now... didn't really notice difference).
6. I'm sure i'm missing more things I altered but can't think of it now...
Old 07-18-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Then it was time for wheels. I didn't want to go too wild or expensive and the offsets on these cars are very mild so I was able to find wheels with offset corrections to bring it flush with fenders; I did have to put on 5mm on rear but all 4 wheels are same size/offset so it can be rotated while maintaining that flush fender look I need!

Completed the look with CF valve caps w/AUDI logo. I really like how the valve stem is more interior of the wheel rather than most being near the face of it!

Last edited by tuscani66; 07-18-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Then I took a few months off of working on Audi, concentrated on another new car purchase of Lexus RCF, but ordered a few things and it arrived today - which prompted me to start a thread!

Today arrived my CF rear diffuser with wide opening! I had a set of 2.25" IN tips staggered to dual 4" OUT laying around, luckily the OEM mufflers are 2.25 OUT. Please excuse my office stain marks on carpet, they're not pee marks from dogs rather from where they lay down (if they're wet/damp)... clean the area monthly and stays clean for a day at best haha.

I can't wait to get these installed! Also ordered extended spoiler, pics were scarce so I took a chance on buying it anyways hoping it will look like how I hope when installed.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Temp installed, going to shop to finalize fitment of tips and weld it tomorrow hopefully!!
Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

New CF Lip Spoiler installed, really digging it!

The following users liked this post:
Huge05 (07-18-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

OEM DIY Intake Housing MOD. Charge pipe, need to decide of i'm going to build custom charge pipe or buy the Black Injen first, based on charge pipe direction will determine filter selection (one that fits Injen or the K&N E-1983).

Stock - we all know what it looks like but here it is anyways:

After:

Old 03-07-2019, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow long time since update! Thanks for posting.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tuscani66
Then I took a few months off of working on Audi, concentrated on another new car purchase of Lexus RCF, but ordered a few things and it arrived today - which prompted me to start a thread!

Today arrived my CF rear diffuser with wide opening! I had a set of 2.25" IN tips staggered to dual 4" OUT laying around, luckily the OEM mufflers are 2.25 OUT. Please excuse my office stain marks on carpet, they're not pee marks from dogs rather from where they lay down (if they're wet/damp)... clean the area monthly and stays clean for a day at best haha.

I can't wait to get these installed! Also ordered extended spoiler, pics were scarce so I took a chance on buying it anyways hoping it will look like how I hope when installed.

where did you get this valance for dual tips?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 36dbldz
where did you get this valance for dual tips?
I bought it on eBay, about $500 IIRC, only requirement is that your rear bumper is of S-Line otherwise it won't fit. There were some mixed reviews but I took a chance and glad I did, it looks great and relatively well made (nothing stood out from me, so that is a good thing).

Installing it is straight forward, careful to not break a tab or loosen the opening tab (on the bumper) otherwise the new piece tabs can't grab onto the OEM bumper well (you can see on my left rear corner side sticks out a little, that is only because the tab was not holding the CF piece in, I since fixed that).

Quick Reply: Keoni - Phantom Black Pearl 2015 Build