A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Latest S/W Versions ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
jeremymc7-

can you list what you know to be fixed that reference a tsb (566). My dealer has said they'll upgrade me, but I want to wait for 609 because it hasn't been easy to get them to do it. They also tried to tell me that software updates aren't 'all inclusive' which sounds like total bs to me (working and developing the software world). Basically, they've tried to say that the software will target the issues I report... ya... right, they develop fixes JUST for me car haha.
There is some truth to what your dealer said. I have 0566 and wanted them to provide some of the features in 609 like the elimination of engine shut off eith driver door open. They performed a TSB update that corrected that but not a full 0609 revision. Part of the issue is Audi does not reimburse the dealer for "arbitrary" MMI updates but will for the dealer performing specific TSBs to correct customer issues. To compound that, as Jeremy reported, there is no official update path to 0609 at this time in the system.

It's a hassle but Audi sets the rules on this, not the dealer. If and when your dealer updates your car to a later MMI software version, unless he can document a "problem", he will be doing it at his expense as Audi will not pay for his time under warranty. For whatever reasons, financial or otherwise, Audi has dropped the ball on this one.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darreln

To look at a bluetooth-streaming iPhone display "blank" information on a $70k+ car is, to say the least, highly irritating, if not disgusting.
I agree, it is pretty annoying, especially if there is software that fixes it. They should be providing those kinds of electronics related updates on their website for customer download. I just can't wait for my next service to get the stupid open door/engine off "feature" fixed. But some kind of display when I am streaming bluetooth would sure be nice. Looks stupid right now. Add that to the fact that the iPod cable they provide you doesn't show album art, just a lonely missing artwork icon. My wife's minivan even shows that artwork!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Last I checked there still wasn't a TSB released yet to allow upgrading to the allow upgrading to the latest upgrading to the latest firmware, which has been shipping since Dec 2012 on production cars last I recall.

There was supposed to be be a TSB around June according to Audi N.A. but still hasn't happened. I've followed up with them twice since and still no updates.

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I agree, it is pretty annoying, especially if there is software that fixes it. They should be providing those kinds of electronics related updates on their website for customer download. I just can't wait for my next service to get the stupid open door/engine off "feature" fixed. But some kind of display when I am streaming bluetooth would sure be nice. Looks stupid right now. Add that to the fact that the iPod cable they provide you doesn't show album art, just a lonely missing artwork icon. My wife's minivan even shows that artwork!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Actually, 0566 is pretty current (started with MY2013 C7). I'm not entirely sure what 0609 has added or changed - I did read by one forum poster that it supposedly defeats the engine off with driver door open and auto brake in park but I haven't seen confirmation yet.
My car is coded 0609, delivered mid March, 2013 and I can confirm both changes that you cite.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
My car is coded 0609, delivered mid March, 2013 and I can confirm both changes that you cite.
I just took mine to audi to have a number of issues addressed, my software update now shows:

software version:

HN+R_US_AU_K0715_2

nav db is

8R0060884AD NAR 5.5.5
Old 09-11-2013, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I should add--this update removes HD Radio while they continue to work on something to fix it (properly). Not much of a fix, but it was fairly terrible so I didn't mind.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just took mine to audi to have a number of issues addressed, my software update now shows:

software version:

HN+R_US_AU_K0715_2

nav db is

8R0060884AD NAR 5.5.5

Could you post up some pics when you get a chance please.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

I should add--this update removes HD Radio while they continue to work on something to fix it (properly). Not much of a fix, but it was fairly terrible so I didn't mind.
I was just updated to 0715_2 and my HD radio stations are still there. Check your Radio Settings to endure the HD Radio option is still set to "on".
Old 09-11-2013, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

What else have you noticed over than the option then the ability to turn off HD radio. There is no TSB out there for this and I see no one else talking about it.

Must be real new.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine is a 2012 prestige - fairly loaded. I don't know if the difference would be in years --but from what I gather there is no option for HD Radio with my hardware and this update (have bose too).

What i did notice, was an EXTREME change in how my DSP/fader/balance works. I don't know if it's by design but it seems to be a bit wack. If I leave the fader/balance in the center, it's extremely quiet and i can barely tell my front speakers are on. The DSP appears to do nothing in terms of focus (front, all, rear all sound the same).

I'm wondering if the update boofed the bose stuff? Gonna talk to the audi guys tomorrow to see what they say. I'm hoping to not hear ' by design ' or couldn't find anything wrong.

I'll post a picture shortly--if you want me to test any other features let me know.

Quick Reply: Latest S/W Versions ???