A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Default MMI

although this isn't exclusive to the A7, wasn't sure where to put. anyway...
how to load music to the jukebox. I'm aware you cant from an iphone, nor a Manufacture CD, but the manual says I should be able to use a burnt CD with music that I complied onto the CD myself. Although I can play it through the changer, the MMI wont recognize when I try to import as the source doesn't show the CD.
I guess I have to loan to a memory card then go that route, but should I be able to use a complied CD?

Also, the adapter inside the center console...should I be able to plug in my ipod and play music from there? it doesn't show up when I choose media?

thanks in advance for any input.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbully
although this isn't exclusive to the A7, wasn't sure where to put. anyway...
how to load music to the jukebox. I'm aware you cant from an iphone, nor a Manufacture CD, but the manual says I should be able to use a burnt CD with music that I complied onto the CD myself. Although I can play it through the changer, the MMI wont recognize when I try to import as the source doesn't show the CD.
I guess I have to loan to a memory card then go that route, but should I be able to use a complied CD?

Also, the adapter inside the center console...should I be able to plug in my ipod and play music from there? it doesn't show up when I choose media?

thanks in advance for any input.
I have imported music without any problem from CD-s that I have compiled and burned.

Also, when I connect my Samsung phone to the USB adapter cable in the console, I can play through MMI the music that is stored on the phone.

I can't speak for Apple products as I have no experience with those, but my assumption is that they should work just the same.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman
I have imported music without any problem from CD-s that I have compiled and burned.

Also, when I connect my Samsung phone to the USB adapter cable in the console, I can play through MMI the music that is stored on the phone.

I can't speak for Apple products as I have no experience with those, but my assumption is that they should work just the same.

I agree. but for some reason when I click import and source it does not find my CD. i'll have to try another.
as far as the ipod/phone. I recall reading in manual that the jukebox cannot copy from Apple due to their inscription protection but I should be able to hook it up to the cable connect in the console and listen to whats on there.
again, i'll have to fiddle with it and ensure right connect.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loaded mine from the SD card slots. I have two SD cards with music on them. Do a search (either here or your favorite search engine) for how to load music to MMI Audi or something like that. IIRC, the music file has to be formatted a certain way for MMI to read it.
Jukebox plays all the music I loaded onto it with no problems.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never played with this function in my Audi but I do know it was an sd card and burnt cd function in my old infiniti. While we are on the topic of music and mmi though, has anyone been able to address the low volume when playing music from your phone (iphone)? Like from apple music for instance. My volume when listening to the radio is always considerable higher than when listening to my phone plugged in. And thats with the volume being at the same level. Also, I've noticed that when I go into an app such as snapchat while simulataneously listening to music my music slows down for a moment but then picks back up. Its kind of odd. Is that just me?