A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

New A7 owner saying hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New A7 owner saying hello

Posted in new member forum but wanted to stop by here and say hello to everyone as this is where I'll be reading for weeks on end...lol. Great information in here about the A7 from DIY to mods everyone does.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the Audiworld forum!

Any pictures of the new ride?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here a a few from when I got her home. 2013 with 30K miles and out of factory warranty.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=ArkAudiA7;25019121]Here a a few from when I got her home. 2013 with 30K miles and out of factory warranty.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Very nice.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. 1st Audi but so far I am enjoying the car.

Ordered brakes yesterday so thanks to the wealth of knowledge on here I will be doing them myself and not going to a dealership. There are very good DIY write ups here that are very useful.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ArkAudiA7
Ordered brakes yesterday so thanks to the wealth of knowledge on here I will be doing them myself and not going to a dealership. There are very good DIY write ups here that are very useful.
My A7 is my first Audi too. I also changed my own pads and rotors. I bought a new floor jack because my standard jack was too tall and it was a hassle to drive the car up on some 2X10's to use it.

I got a long 9mm Allen head on a socket to remove the front guide pins. You need two wear sensors, one for each axle. Allow extra time.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats, what a great looking car..
Old 08-09-2017, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

nice looking ride. I've enjoyed Audi for a few years now. Started with an A4, then gave to my wife when I bought my A6, and now going into an A7. love the lines, fit and finish of Audi. (could do with out the maintenance costs but...is what it is).
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for the compliment on the car :-) Some of the cars on here set the bar kinda high for appearance though. I like the lines of the Audi as well and the ride. Coming from a truck small things you take for granted are noticeable like ingress and egress of the vehicle. I am not used to getting down into a car but up into a truck. lol
That's funny about the floor jack as I noticed mine would not fit under the A7 as well ! I am going to go get the floor jack Saturday and pick up two more jack stands. Apparently, two of my floor jacks grew legs and run off. The VAGCOM will be ordered Saturday as well.
I can't seem to find a 9mm allen though. I may have to just order one online. The brakes wont be here for 7-10 business days anyway so I have time.

Is there a thread on the specific order/steps on using the VAGCOM for the brake job. The ones I read a slightly vague on the process involved. I'll search a bit more but sometimes it's information overload instead of not enough info.
New wheels will be ordered when it time for tires so maybe someone will come up off the price of those Vossen CV7's by then.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ArkAudiA7
Thank you for the compliment on the car :-) Some of the cars on here set the bar kinda high for appearance though. I like the lines of the Audi as well and the ride. Coming from a truck small things you take for granted are noticeable like ingress and egress of the vehicle. I am not used to getting down into a car but up into a truck. lol
That's funny about the floor jack as I noticed mine would not fit under the A7 as well ! I am going to go get the floor jack Saturday and pick up two more jack stands. Apparently, two of my floor jacks grew legs and run off. The VAGCOM will be ordered Saturday as well.
I can't seem to find a 9mm allen though. I may have to just order one online. The brakes wont be here for 7-10 business days anyway so I have time.

Is there a thread on the specific order/steps on using the VAGCOM for the brake job. The ones I read a slightly vague on the process involved. I'll search a bit more but sometimes it's information overload instead of not enough info.
New wheels will be ordered when it time for tires so maybe someone will come up off the price of those Vossen CV7's by then.
I have the OBDeleven (much cheaper than the VAGCOM) and it has a very good description of the brake replacement steps.

Quick Reply: New A7 owner saying hello