A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

No power steering no codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power steering no codes

Long story short:
My 2012 audi a7 was stolen in the middle if the night by my knucklehead teenage relative. He was involved in an accident and received a dui. It took almost 2 weeks to go to court and get the $2000+ impound fees dropped.

When i saw the car in the impound lot I immediately accessed the damage. None of the airbags was deployed, the dash was lit like a Christmas tree (I didn't record the codes), the drivers front fender was completely ripped off. Someone had stolen the front drivers headlight (it was confirmed that the light was in place and undamaged at the accident scene. Someone stole it in the impound yard while I was in court to get the fees waived).

When i finally saw the car in the impound lot, I was able to put the car in drive and move a few inches foward. I was able to put the car in reverse and drive backwards a few inches. The steering wheel turned from left to right.

When the flatbed tow truck arrived, the car was completely locked! You couldn't move it out of park and the steering wheel was locked. The tow truck driver called me over to show me. Some how he managed to tow it to the body shop.

My bodyman repaired and painted the car. New front drivers fender, used headlight, and repainted the scrapes and scuffs. He said the frame was not damaged​​​​​. $3000+ cash spent.

I was supposed to pick up the car yesterday, and he Informed me that the car has no power steering! He also told me that it's not showing any engine/trouble codes. How can this be?

I'm now​​​​​ stuck with yet another repair bill. Any thoughts on why the loss of power steering and how to troubleshoot? I also will add that my bodyman is a friend so I don't think he is lying to me about anything. I have not seen the car since it was stolen.