A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Replacement Tires for 2012 A7

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Tires for 2012 A7

I am replacing the tires on my 2012 A7 with 20 inch wheels. The Audi dealer is telling me that only the Yokohama and Pirelli tries are recommended for the 2012 A7. Discount Tires has Michelins with exactly the same specifications as the Yokohamas that came on the car, but the Audi dealer is telling me that the Michelins are not recommended for the A7 despite the fact that the specifications are identical. Is he telling me the truth? Is there any reason that I can't use the Michelins? Is there a problem with the warranty?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If I was buying tires for my A7, the dealer would never even know about it.

Do your homework with Discount Tire, Tire Rack, etc. and have your tires sent, mounted, balanced and installed by an independent shop.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do yourself a favor get the Michelin pilot super sports , no problems with warranty and a far better tire.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by eheyneman
I am replacing the tires on my 2012 A7 with 20 inch wheels. The Audi dealer is telling me that only the Yokohama and Pirelli tries are recommended for the 2012 A7. Discount Tires has Michelins with exactly the same specifications as the Yokohamas that came on the car, but the Audi dealer is telling me that the Michelins are not recommended for the A7 despite the fact that the specifications are identical. Is he telling me the truth? Is there any reason that I can't use the Michelins? Is there a problem with the warranty?
Whats wrong with discount and tire rack tenspeed?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by maxi3000
Whats wrong with discount and tire rack tenspeed?
Nothing, he is just saying that you compare prices between them.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Nothing, he is just saying that you compare prices between them.
Yes, use them both for reference. I buy most of my tires from Tire Rack and have my local shop mount them.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I bought my winter Hartman wheels from Achtuning and my winter Blizzak LM-60 tires from Tire Rack. Tire Rack shipped the tires to Achtuning for mounting and balancing. Achtuning shipped the set to my Audi dealer. My dealer mounted the winter wheels for $30 total. It was all very, very easy and I got a great price on the setup I wanted. It was much cheaper than buying from the dealer and the dealer was extremely accommodating even though I didn't purchase from them.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would want somebody to poke me with a sharp stick before I ever put a Pirelli back on my a6.

I had the oem p zero on my prestige a6 with the 20 sport package, and it's a miserable tire. At 3800 miles of mostly easy driving, the noise was pretty much unbearable. The loud trammeling was so bad, it was really affecting the enjoyment of my car. And my passengers who rode in my car said the same thing.

If I was going to keep my car for the long haul, I probably would have put the Michelin super sports on there. You can buy them on tire rack for. ~290 each. And some other Bridgestones got good reviews as well.

But I'm thinking of trading for a Tdi in the next 6 months, do didn't want to drop $1100 on new tires.

So I bought the new toyo proxies 4 plus all season to get me by.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Michelins. Best tire out there anyway...
Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I would want somebody to poke me with a sharp stick before I ever put a Pirelli back on my a6.

I had the oem p zero on my prestige a6 with the 20 sport package, and it's a miserable tire. At 3800 miles of mostly easy driving, the noise was pretty much unbearable. The loud trammeling was so bad, it was really affecting the enjoyment of my car. And my passengers who rode in my car said the same thing.

If I was going to keep my car for the long haul, I probably would have put the Michelin super sports on there. You can buy them on tire rack for. ~290 each. And some other Bridgestones got good reviews as well.

But I'm thinking of trading for a Tdi in the next 6 months, do didn't want to drop $1100 on new tires.

So I bought the new toyo proxies 4 plus all season to get me by.
Why would you want a diesel over a petrol car? Is the mileage that bad that you'd rather go with a diesel version? But going back to your question get the Michelins.

Quick Reply: Replacement Tires for 2012 A7