A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Vossen CV5

Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vossen CV5

Hello everyone.

I've been looking around for a new set of rims for my '13 A7. It's Ibis White.

Vossen CV5 looked really great to me. Does anyone here have pictures of (preferably white) A7s? I'm confused about going with the Matte Graphite Machined or Silver Polished. I do not have a dealer in the country I live in so that I could go out and personally check out both the versions so I'll be ordering directly from Vossen.

Does anyone have another other suggestions for rims? I really like the CV5. CV5 seemed so close to the 10 spoke OEM wheels. CV1 seemed more a lexus thing to me.

Secondly, what does the 10.5 and 9 along with the wheel specification mean? I'm a total noob at this stuff so any help and suggestions from your side would be great!

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by benna View Post
Hello everyone.

Vossen CV5 looked really great to me. Does anyone here have pictures of (preferably white) A7s? I'm confused about going with the Matte Graphite Machined or Silver Polished. I do not have a dealer in the country I live in so that I could go out and personally check out both the versions so I'll be ordering directly from Vossen.

Does anyone have another other suggestions for rims? I really like the CV5. CV5 seemed so close to the 10 spoke OEM wheels. CV1 seemed more a lexus thing to me.

Secondly, what does the 10.5 and 9 along with the wheel specification mean? I'm a total noob at this stuff so any help and suggestions from your side would be great!

Thanks!
Here you go.

I was thinking of these as well.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Omnipotent; 05-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned

Hello everyone.

Thanks!
10.5 is fine with tire 285/30r20, I am going o install CV5 too, Ordered matte graphite machined but I still have the same doubt as you between the polish and the matte graphite.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by feralc View Post
10.5 is fine with tire 285/30r20, I am going o install CV5 too, Ordered matte graphite machined but I still have the same doubt as you between the polish and the matte graphite.
I just recieved email from Vossen saying that they only have matte graphite machined in stock. I've seen quite a few videos of the the silver polished. Here's one with the CLS63. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF2eJ4_WDio&sns=em

Still not sure what'll match a white A7, since the polished ones gives more of a luxury feel to it.

As for the 10.5 size, Will I have to buy new tires or can I swap in my existing tires?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Banned

I just recieved email from Vossen saying that they only have matte graphite machined in stock. I've seen quite a few videos of the the silver polished. Here's one with the CLS63. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF2eJ4_WDio&sns=em

Still not sure what'll match a white A7, since the polished ones gives more of a luxury feel to it.

As for the 10.5 size, Will I have to buy new tires or can I swap in my existing tires?
How much are they selling the wheels directly?
It depends on your tire, the yokohamas 265/35r20 can be installed in a 10.5 wheel, check the specifications of your tire.
By the way the offset of the wheels you want is +30 not the +42
Old 05-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They're charging $2,596 USD for the set and $400 USD for shipping.

265/35r20 these are the sizes of the OEM 10 spoke wheel that comes with the 20" Sport Pkg. if I'm not mistaken?

Should I mention to Vossen that +42 is the offset? I'm worried incase they ship the wrong offset, I'm probably doomed.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Banned

They're charging $2,596 USD for the set and $400 USD for shipping.

265/35r20 these are the sizes of the OEM 10 spoke wheel that comes with the 20" Sport Pkg. if I'm not mistaken?

Should I mention to Vossen that +42 is the offset? I'm worried incase they ship the wrong offset, I'm probably doomed.
No you didn't understand me the original wheels are 9 inches wide offset +37, Vossen has two types of offset in 10.5 inches with 5x112, they are +30 and +42, the one you want is +30 (that is the one that fits the A7)
The tires is a different story, the yokohamas 265/35r20 for example can be used with a 10.5 inch wheel, I do not know which tire do you have, if you have the yokohamas you are fine, if you have other kind check their website and see if they can be used with a 10.5 wheel.

I am sure you can have a better deal for example on eBay, the problem is the shipping because I don't know where are you located.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey guys, i have CV3s polished. Whatever you do, do not go with 265 width tires, even 285s are a bit narrow on a 10.5 rim. The optimal setup is 285/30/20 with zero rub on h&r springs. You will also need the +30 offset or it will not look right. If you want to go with stock tires, you can use the 9.0 width vossen, however, this defeats the purpose of the concave look. I cannot tell you how many people comment positively on my setup and its mainly the stance (ie. +30 offset) and concavity (10.5 width). 9.0 width is not as concave. Also, last commment/complaint I have, I am CONSTANTLY cleaning the darn rim of brake dust. Personally, I think CV3s look best polished and CV5s look best in matte graphite and your brake dust issues will be hard to see as much as mine. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dgranz View Post
Hey guys, i have CV3s polished. Whatever you do, do not go with 265 width tires, even 285s are a bit narrow on a 10.5 rim. The optimal setup is 285/30/20 with zero rub on h&r springs. You will also need the +30 offset or it will not look right. If you want to go with stock tires, you can use the 9.0 width vossen, however, this defeats the purpose of the concave look. I cannot tell you how many people comment positively on my setup and its mainly the stance (ie. +30 offset) and concavity (10.5 width). 9.0 width is not as concave. Also, last commment/complaint I have, I am CONSTANTLY cleaning the darn rim of brake dust. Personally, I think CV3s look best polished and CV5s look best in matte graphite and your brake dust issues will be hard to see as much as mine. Good luck.
But why you can't use the yokohamas 265s?
It is posted by Yokohama you can use the 265/35r20 with a 10.5 wheel, of course it will be better to have a 285 tire but a lot of members prefer to finish their oem tires before spending more money in tires.
Which brand of tires did you have? Maybe your 265s were not rated for 10.5 wheels.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dgranz View Post
I'm about to have cilajet applied to my entire vehicle, including wheels. Supposed to help with brake dust not sticking. Look it up to see if this protective coating might help. New A7 owner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vossen CV5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: