A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Why did you choose an A7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did you choose an A7?

I want to upgrade from an aging crossover utility to some kind of luxury vehicle but not lose the benefits of 5 doors. I have my own list of desirable features and specs. But in looking at the A7, it strikes me as rather large. I am curious why others bought this car.

So, when you shopped this segment, why did you decide to get an A7? Still happy with that decision? TIA
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse
I want to upgrade from an aging crossover utility to some kind of luxury vehicle but not lose the benefits of 5 doors. I have my own list of desirable features and specs. But in looking at the A7, it strikes me as rather large. I am curious why others bought this car.

So, when you shopped this segment, why did you decide to get an A7? Still happy with that decision? TIA
It looks sexy?? lol
Old 03-23-2013, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my S7 because:

1) It is an Audi
2) I have 3 other Audi's
3) Everyone else does not have one (yet....)
4) It has a certain utility with the hatchback that most sedans do not have
5) It looks awesome (in my opinion)
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse

I was originally cross shopping the Audi A6, BMW 535xi, Mercedes E350 4Matic, and a few other cars. Did lots of analysis and test drives. Overall, I liked the Audi best.

Went to the Audi dealer for a final time to choose a color, and right in front was a Brilliant Black A7. Took it for a drive and fell in love with the sexier appearance, practicality of the hatch, and luxury of owning a more unique car.

5 months later - VERY Satisfied with my decision.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Same reasons for me as above from the others.

What did it for me was going to the 2011 NYC auto show and seeing all the Audi's in one spot. Looked over the many cars and came to Audi. The A7 was so much better looking than virtually all other sedans, including the A6, which was on my shopping list and the A8, right next door.

Having soaked in all the show's models, the only other sedans that were in the same league were the Aston Martins and some Jaguars. People are always looking at the A7 and giving me compliments. It really is a work of art that hauls lots of cargo.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I was really interested in the A6 with all the technical advancements. My local dealer is a hour away and I would visit when we were in the city for an errand. I would go in a check out the different colors, trims and features. The A7's were always next to the A6's in the lot and I would notice that the 7 had a chrome grill one time and the bumper cover blended into the fenders on another. The roof was lower, the mirrors were on the doors, those rear wheel looked wider, etc., etc. It became a game to spot some difference that I hadn't noticed before.

The only thing I would change about the A7 is that I like the A6 LED headlights a lot more. Something about those nine lenses lined up across the A6 front and the shape seems sleeker.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For me, I was looking to replace an ageing BMW, and wanted something different (and rarely seen on the road). Was originally looking at the A5, but the A7 on comparison was nicer, better interior and much more comfortable.

The only thing that made me consider the A5 was the size of the A7... UK roads and spaces are small!

The one item I don't like about A7: Google maps aren't using Google traffic and still can not use in-dash SIM and a phone connected via bluetooth. MMI not up the A7 quality.

Some of the Audi dealerships are rubbish, and others are much better. luckily for me my closet one is very good.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Been an Audi fan for a while. Was looking to trade my D3 A8 for a D4 A8. From afar, I had trouble distinguishing the new A8's, 6's, and 4's from each other. Just wasn't feeling the design theme.

A7 shape did it for me. Like all the posters here, I always get complements on the car. And, it's sold in fewer numbers than the mainstream Audi's which gives it a slight hint of exclusivity. As a musician, the hatch swallows my gear with ease.

I do miss the comfort seats of my prior A8. But it's a minor tradeoff given I feel like I'm driving a piece of automotive art.

Good luck with your decision.
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I was looking for a 2 door coupe. Drove the A5, found it a little small. They told me about the (then still to come) A7, searched it on the websites, found it appealing. Test drove it in Europe and I was sold.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I first saw the Audi A7 as a concept car in 2009, or 2010 was it? I said to my wife. "When Audi builds that car I'm going to buy one." I was hoping for the diesel as in the concept, but it didn't happen. So it was the design and features of the car that I saw and read about that first interested me. When it became available, I took one for an extensive test drive; twice actually. That was it. I tell people, sure it looks great, but test drive one; that'll convince you. It's the overall peformance of the car that sells it, but I also like just sitting in it. I still look forward to every drive; I've never had a car so satisfying to own. I did test drive the BMW 535ix before the final decision; that convinced me what a superior car the A7 is. I've had the car 18 months now, and 25,000 miles. Couldn't be happier. And I doubt that anyone owning the car, who likes cars, needs any convincing.

Quick Reply: Why did you choose an A7?