A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Zimmermann rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have bought stuff from ECS tuning and they are very reputable. I have the regular rotors and they work fine. Which country are you located? You can also try Rockauto.com and partsgeek. Sounds like your biggest expense is the shipping due to the rotors’ weight. I would guess about 30 pounds or around 12 kilos each. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Saudi Arabia, the best price I found is from ecs tuning. I think the whole shipping weight should come around 100-120 lbs
The only thing that's making me hesitant is wherever these are "better" than oem in term of stopping power because if you factor in the shipping (around $350)I'm not saving much
Old 10-26-2020, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you considered just buying the rotors in SA and the Akebono pads from ECS?? I would also try Ebay and Amazon however I have heard sketchy reviews about them. I have been buying form ECS for years and they are very legitimate. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Malramad
Did you guys get the drilled or regular rotors?
Unfortunately FCP Euro are not shipping to my countries at the moment.
ECS Tuning is the only website i found who has both Zimmerman (non drilled) and Akebono which will come up around $850 shipped. They are still cheaper than OEM but not by much.
I bought the regular zinc plated rotors.

I am in Canada, ordered the parts from local suppliers and picked them up.

Got the rotors from germanparts.ca and the pads from thewrenchmonkey.ca, paid $630 (Cdn) total for the parts. That is appr. $500 US
Old 10-26-2020, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
I bought the regular zinc plated rotors.

I am in Canada, ordered the parts from local suppliers and picked them up.

Got the rotors from germanparts.ca and the pads from thewrenchmonkey.ca, paid $630 (Cdn) total for the parts. That is appr. $500 US
Did you buy the slotted rotors or the smooth surface? And why not get the pads from Germanpart.ca rather than buying from The Wrench Monkey? Just curious because Germanparts offer the pads.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bosscar9er
Did you buy the slotted rotors or the smooth surface? And why not get the pads from Germanpart.ca rather than buying from The Wrench Monkey? Just curious because Germanparts offer the pads.
Smooth ones. Part numbers Z6286 (front) and 4586 (rear). At the time I was ordering the parts (February 2020) they did not offer the pads. It would have been easier to buy everything from the same source but it wasn't an option that time.

Pads EUR1547 and EUR1322

These were for a 2015 A7 TDI
Old 10-26-2020, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Smooth ones. Part numbers Z6286 (front) and 4586 (rear). At the time I was ordering the parts (February 2020) they did not offer the pads. It would have been easier to buy everything from the same source but it wasn't an option that time.

Pads EUR1547 and EUR1322

These were for a 2015 A7 TDI
Just curious, why not buy the slotted rotors? I know they are just a bit more expensive and when I looked several months ago they weren't available but they are now. Just trying to figure out if I should get the slotted rotors and if they would be a better choice.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bosscar9er
Just curious, why not buy the slotted rotors? I know they are just a bit more expensive and when I looked several months ago they weren't available but they are now. Just trying to figure out if I should get the slotted rotors and if they would be a better choice.
Slotted rotors have better cooling but wear the pads down faster. Since I am a gentle driver, I am not concerned with heat on the rotors but prefer the pads lasting longer.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm using zimmermanns on my 2016 A7. I put them on right when I bought the car this spring. So far they seem good. They did very well on twisty roads and braking from higher speeds on the highway.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No complaints here. I have the drilled zinc plated option paired up with Hawk HPS 5.0 (2012 A7). Let's just say I stop pretty damn quick.

Quick Reply: Zimmermann rotors?