A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

New A7, 55 TFSI issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update. In the end, I escalated my issue to the MD of Audi UK and its now been resolved. The car was handed back and I bought a different model. I was informed this is a known issue!!

Thanks for all your support
Old 02-10-2019, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neilt74
Quick update. In the end, I escalated my issue to the MD of Audi UK and its now been resolved. The car was handed back and I bought a different model. I was informed this is a known issue!!

Congratulations on getting it resolved to your satisfaction - I think you guys have much more stringent consumer protection laws in the UK than we do here in the US. It would be a much more drawn-out process here to get the car bought back as a "lemon".

I'm currently driving a 2015 short wheelbase A8 and am on the lookout for my next car. The new A7 is near the top of my list - the A8L is just too big for my needs and Audi USA doesn't sell the short wheelbase in the US anymore (except for the S8). I like the fact that they've brought some of the A8 touches like the comfort seats (which I love in my A8) to the A7. It's a strong contender for me.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by neilt74

glad to hear, Audi Sweden doesn’t want to listen and sad they never heard about this problem before. I am gonna send an email to Audi Germani and hope they listen. Otherwise it’s gonna be my last Audi for sure.
they sad the problem it’s fixed ye sure. It’s look like Christmas trees.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The lane assist was really annoying, I feel the software was buggy especially when connecting my phone. Audi just need to iron out the bugs and it'll be great

Let's hope it works out for you with Audi Germany
Old 02-10-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, 2 different brand new cars with all those issues?!
I would not accept a 3rd car but instead buy a totally different model or go to a competitor brand.
Edit: I see the OP did indeed buy a different model in the end. Curious what model though?
Old 02-13-2019, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't know if happened here yet or not but gonna wait few more months now. Was like when I ordered my Q7, waited till almost to end of model run and had the latest updates as they went along versus who ordered the first 17. But what you have is totally lemon
Old 05-25-2019, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If anyone wondering if the issues have been ironed out, my car is A7 Vorsprung 2019. 800 miles and no software issues at all. It is 50 tdi
Just not happy with the gearbox. But no faults or rattles at all.
I would have gone with the S7 as it has a better engine.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Henderson
If anyone wondering if the issues have been ironed out, my car is A7 Vorsprung 2019. 800 miles and no software issues at all. It is 50 tdi
Just not happy with the gearbox. But no faults or rattles at all.
I would have gone with the S7 as it has a better engine.
Whilst the initial reviews of the diesel S6 and S7 have been surprisingly positive, at least a couple of them have mentioned the transmission can be very lethargic to change down, and it seems that despite the electric compressor, the same Euro 6D-temp artificial torque cut between 1300 and 2100 rpm is still in place and obvious. So don't feel too bad!
Old 05-25-2019, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, Glisse, I feel better now
I have attached a DTUK tuning box. Power is now 330hp, torque is 700 N.m
With a softer air suspension settings than the S7, with full option Vorsprung model, and supersport seats, no complaints now.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi guys,

I am gonna add my two cents here as well. I bought an A7 on May 2nd, 2019, and I have had problems with mine as well which don't seem to be fixable. 4 hours after leaving the dealership (4 hours 3 mins) my car came up with "Vehicle light malfunction - Please contact service". After a power cycle, the problem was cleared so I didn't think about it, and it happened the next day again. I took it down for service, they replicated the problem and I was told to come and collect the car (after 4-5 days).

The same problem popped up on May 24th, and I called the service department. They told me to bring the car in, after a few days in the shop, they told me that they are going to swap the "comfort module" (whatever that is). And I was wold to come and pick up the car as it is fixed. The next day, the problem returned, I called them and they said that "oh we forgot to update the comfort module". So I took it back again, and they "updated" the software.

Yet again, two days ago, the problem popped up. And the light malfunction is still not fixed. The service team and the admin team are really nice about it and they are unhappy as well that I am going through this, however, I am afraid this wouldn't really help the fact that I am paying for a car that I barely get to drive.

I have now drafted a letter to Audi Canada, hoping that they would do something about this issue as it is starting to make me very unhappy, especially when the payment days come up and my car is in someone else's garage!

I will update as they become available!

Quick Reply: New A7, 55 TFSI issues