A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Storage and Cupholder Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Storage and Cupholder Question

This is one of those posts where its likely the answer is so obvious, it's gonna hurt when someone responds, but I'll risk it. As people have pointed out on this and the A6 forum, Audi dropped the ball a bit on the small item storage on the C8 versus what we had on the previous model. Plus there's the the odd choice to have a different cupholder (no lid) for the US model. All of that has made me do a careful study of where can i store things, which brings me back to the cup holder. Two questions:
  • what is that little sunken area between the two cupholders? I think I saw a reference to change holder somewhere, but trust me, you don't want to put any quarters down there unless you plan on digging them out with a house key or screwdriver.
  • what does the raised embossed symbol on the edge of the cupholder that looks like a book with an "i" on one side mean?
I'm sure there is an obvious answer for both and I'm just obtuse.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the little area in between is a place to put your key. I saw that in a pic somewhere. I wish we had the lid here in the US.

I’m curious about the icon as well...
Old 07-17-2019, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Offaxis
I think the little area in between is a place to put your key. I saw that in a pic somewhere. I wish we had the lid here in the US.

I’m curious about the icon as well...
I went out for lunch and your assumption on the slot being designed for the key fob is dead-on. Guess it's where you can put for the valet? Although they always take with them so it's use is minimal.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe the "i" icon is indicating that below the front cup holder rubber mat is the emergency release for the parking brake.

Also the sunken area is meant for the key FOB, but also useful to hold the cap from the 12 volt socket when its in use so its not rolling around and irritating me

Last edited by chicagoA6; 07-17-2019 at 03:02 PM.