2001 audi a8L no power at fuel pump fuse - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > 2001 audi a8L no power at fuel pump fuse
Notices
A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002

2001 audi a8L no power at fuel pump fuse

Old 09-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2001 audi a8L no power at fuel pump fuse

Hello all, some of you may remember my post in regard to my crank not reaching tdc in either direction. Well I have solved that issue which turned out to be bent valves.

Fast forward to today and I have the car completely back together, new gaskets, valves, the whole nine. The car pretty much started right up but ran rough. After turning the car back off I began to inspect the engine and noticed that I did not plug the air cleaner/filter box back in. After plugging the air cleaner in I attempted to start the car but it would not start, tried unplugging the air cleaner but still nothing.

I have spark but no fuel. The fuel pump relay is getting power and engaging but when I check the fuel pump fuse while having my wife crank the car I'm getting no power to the fuse.

I see no signs of broken or worn wires and the fuse reads good. Any ideas?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Unplug at the pump connection and check for power there while cranking.

I seem to recall that if your pump is dead, you won't see full voltage at the fuse.

Another option is to remove the plastic cover from the Fuel Pump relay located under the passenger's feet, push the contact points closed with a folded matchbook cover or the like, turn the ignition switch to run and the pump should run continuously. If it doesn't run, remove the FP wiring plug in the trunk and test it for power with and without the relay closed. One of the 4 wires should be a switched hot. If it shows full voltage there with the relay closed and the key in run position then it is likely your pump is kaput.

Last edited by BrianC72gt; 09-13-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Search this Thread